prologue

Flashback ...

"Mummy! Daddy!" Five years old Imani shouted from the top of the stairs upon seeing her parents. Said parents pause their arguing and look up to see their daughter all dressed up and ready for school.

"Hey princess" her dad was the first to speak greeting her. "Someone's excited to go to school. What's happening in school today?" He asked while her mum just looks at both of them smiling.

"Mummy promised that if I was a good girl today, she'll take me out for ice cream with my brother" she answered so excited for the day ahead.

"Well let's go get you some food and lunch box. You don't wanna go to school now on an empty tummy, do we?" her mum asked. Imani shook her head and headed to the kitchen where her dad who had left them earlier was already at. Her mum gave her a favorite cereal fruit and fibers. She sat down happily and came on, then was later joined by her brother. They came to their breakfast together and went to play in their playhouse after.

Little did she know that was the beginning of a sad story ... IE the end of a loving family.

Present

Imani's POV

Secrets have a lot of effects, they could be positive or negative it all depends. Some secrets are destructive, they could destroy an entire family, destroy someone's entire life, their beliefs, turn their whole lives, their whole world around. It's complicated ya know.

One day I may be a ray of sunshine, all laughs and smiles the next I would be a cold-hearted bitch, and all because of what?  THE GODDAMN FUCKING SECRET.  

Both my parents had secrets hidden from each other and now I'm the one suffering from them. My dad kept a secret from my mom and i all the name protecting us, and my mum did the same, she kept a secret from both my dad and i said it was for the best. Well, guess what mom, it isn't.

MY NAME IS IMANI HAYES AND THIS IS THE STORY OF HOW A SECRET CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER. 

Hey, guys, this is my new book hope you like it ...

warning:

* There would be serious vulgar language and cussing

* There would be mature scenes {not sure yet}

* Violence, gun violence, and maybe self-harm (not sure).

* This is a BGAB book- if you don't know what that is, it's a BLACK GIRL ASIAN BOY.

* And a lot of flashbacks.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISKS