𝙤𝙣𝙚

[🍷] BABY BABY

mrs. jeon and mrs. kim leaned on the marble island, watching their children interact with each other, swirling red wine in their wine cups.

being a curious toddler, two year old jeongguk tugged on taehyung's ear when he wasn't looking.

the four year old yelped. he turned to face jeongguk, seeing the little boy had saliva dripping as he laughed. taehyung smiled, picking up jeongguk by his armpits to put onto his lap.

jeongguk's face broke out into a grin, making taehyung smile even wider than before. the older stood up, being sure that he wasn't going to drop jeongguk, he lifted the younger up into the sky.

mrs. jeon jerked, not wanting her baby to get hurt, but mrs. kim stopped her.

"he's not going to drop jeongguk." her voice was smooth and soothing.

"i'm his mother. of course i got scared." mrs. jeon side-eyed her widowed best friend. after the death of her husband, she had been coming over often to make sure she was okay. mr. kim died four months before taehyung was born.

mrs. kim had dark brown hair with the rare strands of grey. her eyes were a warm chocolate that had lost their sparkles years ago, but thankfully came back when taehyung was born. she had recently been getting into a regular eating schedule, so had a healthy amount of fat which had mrs. jeon smiling to herself.

mrs. jeon was quite the opposite. with dyed blonde hair and two voids of black for eyes. she was tall and curvy, unlike mrs. kim who was short. mrs. jeon's hair stopped at his waist, falling like a waterfall down her back. she was absolutely stunning.

"you think you're able to babysit jeongguk while i'm overseas?"

mrs. kim nodded, taking a sip of her wine. "i need more people to fill this lonely house."

mrs. jeon sighed. "you know me and junghyun are okay with you and taehyung moving in."

mrs. kim kept her eyes on the two laughing children. "i wouldn't want to burden you guys. besides, i can't leave this house behind."

"whatever you want soojin." mrs. jeon took a deep breathe before detaching herself from the island. "i'm leaving tomorrow to france. i'll send all the things here at 5 am tomorrow. are you okay with jeongguk staying here tonight?"

"perfectly fine," soojin spoke. her eyes never left the two children, even when mrs. jeon walked out the mansion door in her black bodycon dress.

taehyung's pov

taehyung bounced the giggling two year old in his arms, smiling at the drool pooling down his chin and crescent eyes.

he only started to panic when the laughing died into eerie silence before the flood gates opened.

wails upon wails overlapped each other. taehyung's eyes widened and he instinctively tightened his hold on the adorable toddler. he shushed and bounced jeongguk, but the heart wrenching cries didn't end.

he looked to his mother for help.

smiling kindly at her beloved son, she gently placed her wine glass down on the counter behind her and approached the younglings. she looked into taehyung's eyes, as if she was the one that had to have permission.

the four year old frantically (but making sure he doesn't hurt jeongguk) allowed his mom to take the crying child. he observed as she handled the toddler.

in hushed tones, she sang to jeongguk, just like she had used to do to taehyung when he was being fussy. she waltzed the the refrigerator, opening it to grab baby food.

taehyung assumed it was food time. his little feet slapped against the wooden floor to the open kitchen. he crawled onto a stool, occasionally bumping his head and mumbling "ow"'s underneath his breath.

he kneeled on the high chair, peering over the island to watch his mother spooning little amounts of baby food at a time to jeongguk.

the four year old's eyes sparkled when the crying had ceased.

"mommy?" taehyung called for mrs. kim's attention. his mother took her eyes off of jeongguk to look at her own son. she hummed as an answer.

"can i try to feed him too?" he asked softly. mrs, kim laughed and shook her head, approving the request. taehyung smiled and climbed over the island, being careful not to trip. he crawled to the other side where his mother was standing.

taehyung sat down, plopping his behind on the hard surface. his mouth hung open slightly, causing mrs. kim to tap it with her index finger, signalling his to close it. once he had complied, she placed the baby food on the table.

"i'm going to give you jeongguk, so put your arms out." taehyung tried to copy the arm position his mother had. mrs. kim slowly transferred jeongguk from her arms to taehyung's. after doing so, she moved his left hand to support jeongguk's head.

"you don't have to hold him with both arms, honey." she demonstrated placing jeongguk's bottom half on taehyung's lap, where he felt the (fortunately) unused diaper underneath jeongguk's pants.

mrs. kim picked up the 'apple strawberry banana' baby food and scooped a bit into the spoon before placing the spoon in taehyung's empty hand.

taehyung looked at the golden baby spoon, and then back to jeongguk. slowly, he brought the spoon closer to the toddler's glistening lips, which soon opened slightly.

taehyung watched as jeongguk tasted the sweet baby food and then laughed. splatters of pink flew in the air, but just the sight and sound of pure laughter made taehyung smile widely.

the four year old look to his mother, his grin still on his face. it resembled the one his mother wore. she ruffled his hair.

"you're going to be such a good dad one day, taehyung."