𝐢𝐢𝐢 - 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

TONY landed on the balcony of his room

TONY landed on the balcony of his room. He sighed as he tapped the center of his arc reactor, his mind filled with frustration. Of course, he had always regretted letting her go, but having to frequently see her at his new job seemed to have a greater impact on his self-reflecting (more so self-critique) when it came to the way he handled his relationships. He stayed outside, leaning his elbows on the balcony's concrete railing.

     Regardless of how common happy couples go through issues and end up breaking apart because of those very issues, the fact didn't make Tony feel any better about the situation. He thought of the moment he had walked into work to see Y/N the very second he stepped in. He sighed, then just let it be and walked into his room. Drifting off to sleep, he slowly forgot about his mistakes and all the other things he hadn't meant to mess up.

     Waking up the next morning consisted of ten minutes of rolling and fumbling around in bed to get ready for work. Tony had gotten ready for work and got into his car. Getting there was a breeze, it felt as if he had been working there for ages. He slipped into the booth filled with buttons, the ones that operated the ride beside Natasha and Y/N. Y/N gave him a small smile as he entered, Natasha the same. Y/N kept herself occupied, willingly third-wheeling between the three, walking all over the place to assist the guests of the day.

     "Stark?! Working at Disneyland?" A familiar voice asked from the lines. Tony turned over to the lines, directing his eyes to the direction in which the voice originated from. It was nobody he knew, but someone he recognized. Aldrich Killian.

——

Tony might've had one too many beers. Or maybe, six too many beers. He told himself he'd stop at one point, but he let the temptation get to him. He couldn't get enough of the high school house party scene. As he snuck out of his room at midnight to meet with a couple of friends, he felt the rush of adrenaline come to him as his friend would drive the streets with such carelessness. Putting himself in the position to purposely forget what happened throughout the week was somewhat therapeutic, yet Tony knew that running away from his problems was toxic. Nonetheless, he insisted in going out tonight to forget what happened with Y/N, as they had broken up due to his tendency to lie extensively.

As they arrived to the party, the vibrations of the loud music could be felt from the street the house was on. They all neared the house, noting the scattered red cups that covered the front lawn. Entering the house, there was barely any room to squeeze through and get to the backyard. However, Tony and his crew reached the backyard– which included a pool, a couple of reclining poolside chairs, and a mini-bar. Tony and his friends set themselves at the mini-bar, which was unoccupied at the time of their arrival.

With nobody to control Tony or to tell him right from wrong, he let loose and forgot about all his troubles. He took a red cup and filled it with alcohol, careless of the amount he'd be taking in as he felt the burning sensation of the alcohol go down his throat. After a half hour, he drank too much to remember how much he drank. Joking and laughing alongside his friends and many others left Tony to be the life of the party, which was definitely amusing.