𝐯𝐢 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤

WHILE Y/N and Tony were driving back to Steve's with pizza, Y/N had told Killian that she was hanging out with the bunch

     WHILE Y/N and Tony were driving back to Steve's with pizza, Y/N had told Killian that she was hanging out with the bunch. Though this slightly interfered with Killian's plans involving sabotaging Tony, he was certain that his plan of getting closer to Y/N would be slow-burnt. This was also a good thing, as it gave him time. Plus, it made him and Tony seem to be on the same playing-ground, even if he knew he wanted to be above him. Giving a false impression was always something Killian enjoyed when it came to something he was planning.

     Despite the in-depth plan Killian had in store for Tony, Y/N suspected nothing. In her perspective, it was just a guy from her high school trying to do what he hadn't done before: actually talk to her. Not to say that she suspected him to be pleading her to be his girlfriend, but she had noted the way Tony eyed Killian as if he were threatened in some sort of way.

     The truth was, Y/N wasn't so sure if she felt anything for Tony. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. It fluctuated at times, but she was most definitely convinced that it was just her missing the thought of him, not him. But for some reason, she couldn't really seem to stop thinking of him and things he used to say or do when the two were a pair.

     Sitting in the passenger's seat of Tony's truck with a box of pizza on her lap was something Y/N never thought she'd do again. She had sworn that she would never even see him again, let alone talk to him. Y/N's eyes wandered around the small space that was the interior of his truck. Crumpled receipts lay in the compartments, a gum packet here and there, and something she hadn't expected was included in the mix. It was a pink, stuffed elephant that she had given to him some time ago.

     "You still have this?" She asked, picking the animal up and stroking it with her fingers. Tony glanced over, seeming to grow a crooked smile on his face.

     "How couldn't I? It was special to you, I wasn't going to throw away anything like it was trash," Tony countered and pointed a finger at her. Fair point.

     "I don't know, I threw away a couple of your things," Y/N chuckled and smirked at Tony, tossing it in the air and catching it.

     "Hey, I know you hate me right now, and I don't blame you for that. But just give me a chance, okay? I leave at the end of September and before I go, I want to say that I mended all wounds. Most importantly, the one between us," He looked at Y/N seriously as he pulled up to the front of the intersection, the red light reflecting on the two. She turned to face him and bit her bottom lip. Tony and her both examined each other's faces, all while staying silent.

     "Okay," Y/N nodded, directing her eyes to the changing light, letting Tony know that it was time to go. "You'll get that chance. But you'll have to really prove yourself."

     "I will, I will! How do you know I won't?" Tony asked, arching an eyebrow at Y/N, being more than confident in his chances.

     "I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see," A smile appeared on Y/N's face as the once red light had now turned green. Tony tilted his head, giving Y/N the point as he pressed on the accelerator.