Chapter 1

I heard a familiar repeating buzzing sound that shook me from my sleep. My arm reached over and hit the alarm on my bedside table to make the buzzing noise halt. I rolled out of bed, lightly hitting my feet on the cold, hardwood floor. I rubbed my eyes helping them adjust to the light, and then slipped my glasses on. I shuffled into my bathroom just across the spacious bedroom. I started a warm shower and slipped out of my old, worn high school track shirt and pink pajama shorts. My right leg entered the shower first and I felt warm droplets of water kiss my leg. My whole body was eventually engulfed in the welcoming embrace of the warm water. I washed my hair and shaved my legs for the first time in a few days. The water pattered against my skin and washed away all my worries for the day ahead of me. The thought of having to leave home for the next 5 months was saddening, but traveling the world with my best friends lightened my thoughts. I let the droplets of water roll out of my hair and down my lean body. I grabbed a towel on the counter and dried my body, then threw my hair back into a ponytail. I pulled another towel around my body and secured it above my chest. I walked out of my bathroom and into my closet. I slipped on a different tshirt and a pair of running shorts.

I trotted downstairs into the kitchen and found my mom making pancakes and my dad sitting and reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, daddy," I said as I walked past my dad and kissed him on the head.

"Hey sweetheart! How'd you sleep?" He asked as he set the paper down. 17 years later and his thick Australian accent made comprehending what he was saying a tad more difficult.

"Great, I slept all night and I haven't done that in a while. It's hard sleeping on a tour bus or in a noisy hotel," I explained while taking a bite of the pancakes my mom sat in front of me. "These are so good mama. They make me not want to leave home again," I laughed but felt a little saddened inside that my days were numbered to be at home.

"Eat up, I have plenty more here!" She smiled as she turned around to continue making homemade pancakes. I downed the pancakes and two glasses of milk before running by what my plans for the day was with my family.

"Today I have to be at 2Day FM at 11:30 for a radio show interview and small performance. I should be home by 2ish. I wanted to just stay home and hang out with you guys since I'm leaving this week, but tonight I'm meeting the boys for dinner," I explained while getting up to go get ready.

"Sounds great, Charli. Text me when you get to the radio station and when you're leaving," my mom said as she put pancakes on a plate for my younger sister. I gave Ayla a kiss on the head, and walked back upstairs to my room to change and get ready. I dried my hair and braided it to the side. I used my new makeup Lou gave to me before the European leg of the tour ended, and applied what Lou normally does for me. I slipped on a black dress with wedges and some jewelry. I didn't feel like putting my contacts in, so my glasses stayed on. When I was ready, I grabbed my bag and phone, and dialed Ashton's number to ask where the car was that was picking us all up. I walked out my front door with my phone to my ear to find a black SUV sitting in my driveway. I ended the still ringing call with ashton and I sauntered over to the car, and opened the back seat door on the right side. Luke was sitting beside the empty seat I climbed into.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he smiled at me as I bucked myself in.

"Morning, Lukey!" I grinned and slipped my sunglasses on. I felt a slight nudge on the back of my head and placed my hand over and cold hand resting on my head. I turned around to see Ashton laughing with Calum about God knows what.

"I should have guessed it was you! No ones hands are that big or that cold," I giggled as I turned around.

"Morning, Charli. Are you well rested?" Vienna interrupted my conversation with Ashton.

"Yeah! I'm ready for today!" I replied while pulling out my phone to scroll through Twitter and my texts. Vienna was a part of our main management team. She mainly controlled what we posted online, who we're seen with, and other things along those lines. She never did a very good job controlling the boys, though.

We pulled out of my driveway, and drove to Michael's house to pick him up.

"Calum, I can hear your music and I'm going to make fun of you for listening to your own damn song unless you turn it down," I complained while replying to a tweet.

Luke let out a little chucked at my comment and Calum sighed. I smiled at the fact my comment made Luke laugh and annoy Calum. I loved Calum with my whole heart, but it was our goal to bicker and annoy each other. I opened my camera on my phone and used it to apply lipstick.

"Is that orange?" I heard Ashton ask as I moved the color over my smooth lips.

"It's peach, hun. Not orange," I replied while intently focusing on keeping the lipstick on my lips.

"Well excuse me, I though you were turning your lips orange," he laughed and I caught a glimpse of him fixing his bandana in the back of my screen. While I slide my lipstick back in my purse, we stopped outside Michael's house. The door next to me opened and Michael smiled.

"Morning Micky!" I smiled from ear to war while shifting so he could get in.

"Morning..." Michael mumbled sounded exhausted. He slipped past me and sat down in between Calum and Ashton in the back row. All three of them, almost simultaneously, put their headphones in and we began the car ride to the radio station.

....

Hello! I hope you liked the first chapter! I'm working really hard on this story, so I might not update everyday or even every other day! Please vote and comment! Much love ❤️❤️❤️❤️