Chapter 23: Stories being told in the Cenote

Hola! Before this chapter starts, you know the drill!

Disclaimer: Coco in any of relation to it = Belongs to Disney/Pixar, Story Plot and Main character(Camila) and her family and pet companion = Belongs to me!

Enjoy!!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camila's POV:

When I realized that Miguel and I were stuck here, and had no chance of getting back home; I began to panic and started to shake. I looked at Miguel and he was more shocked and had temor in his eyes too.

"Oh chamacos, what have I done?" Tío Héctor whispered in horror as he bowed over, curling into himself. "I-I'm so sorry, I can't send you two home. I'm so, so sorry."

Neither of us didn't know what to say, I wanted to reach out and tell Tío Héctor that it was okay. But I can't help but get over the terrifying realization that we're probably going to pass away soon, and with it, Tío Héctor would fade. Miguel and I would be left alone.

"I'm so sorry, I should have sent you home right away, how could I have been so selfish?" He mumbled, the last question sounded more like it was just for himself than for us. "I should have never left Santa Cecilia, I should have never left my family. I wish I could have told Coco that her Papá was trying to come home, that he loved her so much."

He closed his eyes and choked, there was such finality in his voice, and it terrified me. It terrified me to no end to hear my Tío Héctor talk like that. Was there truly nothing we could do? I looked up at the walls of the cenote, if we could just climb out... but the walls were demasiado suave, demasiado musgoso, demasiado empinado for us to do so. I heard another airy sob go through Tío Hector and looked down at him. There was nothing we could do nothing, but be there with each other for however long as we could.

I looked at Miguel and we both shuffled over to Tío Héctor's side and wrapped him in a hug. He uncurled himself so he could hold us closer, grabbing my jacket with the same tight grip he had on me and Miguel while we were still inside, unintentionally squeezing some of the water out. He took a few shaky breaths before loosening his hold and slightly pulling away from the hug.

"I...I said I would sing you two the song I wrote for Coco." His voice was no longer a wobbly whisper, and he conveniently left out the "before you two go home" part of that agreement they had made. "So... just... listen, for a moment."

Miguel and I looked at each other and nodded softly while shifting so that we sat next to Tío Héctor, their arms still around each other in a side hug. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before finally going into the song.

Miguel's POV:

🎶Remember me~

🎵Though I have to say goodbye~...

I had to restrain myself from gasping when I heard none other than "Remember me" sung out by my great, great grandfather, slow and gentle in a way that I realized I had heard only a handful of times before.

🎵Remember me~

🎶Don't let it make you cry~

I recalled a memory, one of my earliest memories; I was only 4 or 5 years old at the time. I had been dancing, spinning around to nothing in particular, just having fun, getting out my energy. Mamá Coco had been watching me at the time.