22

CHAPTER's IN 3RD POV -
first few paragraphs focus on Jimin, the rest on y/n with a few of the others sprinkled in, not much though, and the last are Jimins. I feel as if Jimin (in this story) is the one to come up with the ideas and/or execution them. That's why I mention him a bit, always kind of with dark thoughts.

Wanted to spice things up a bit for this chapter. I've been gone for a long ass while and for that, I apologize, seriously. I love writing, it's my fucking favorite pass time, but I tend to fall into slumps of procrastination and writers-block. BUT I FINALLY KINDA GOT IT and now I'm writing again lol.

Love you all very much. I'll always appreciate you for being here :) please forgive my ass for taking so damn long. I'll be sure to update as soon as weeb and I plan out the next chapters.

signing in - a very sleep deprived Lee
_______

JIMIN, pretending to look over at y/n with concern, felt his insides tingle with excitement. She's hurt. Blinded by disgust and anger. Perfect. Just where he needed her to be, wrapped around his little finger. He thought about Lane (his name leaving bitterness in his mouth) and he imagined all the horrible bloody things that could happen to him. He shuddered with delight, but to others it looked like he shivered from the AC's cold air. Y/n's all focused on him now.

But not really. Not ever. Not truly.

His eyes studied the faces of his friends from the backseat with Jungkook beside him, who timidly rested a delicate hand on y/n as if afraid that she'd break with a single touch. He wanted to do that. He wanted to comfort her.

He looked out the window of the van instead.

Reaching y/n's house, everyone clambered off the car with a piercing silence Jin's terrible dad jokes couldn't even break. A simple sigh of disappointment left his lips. Not everything could be fixed with his best iconic jokes.

"Uh - my friends are coming over, by the way." Y/n mentioned quietly, kicking off her shoes and resting them beside the door. She awkwardly shuffled around her own entrance hall. (Your eye color) eyes darting around nervously. Yoongi rested a comforting hand on y/n and he nodded, acknowledging what she said.

Y/n patted the hand on her arm before walking off into the living room, back stiff as a board. The guys followed, but not before respectfully taking off their shoes. All eight of them sat in the living room, a few of the guys conversing and smiling but y/n still felt discomfort.

"What are you thinking, y/n?" Namjoon sat forward from where he had taken a seat on her nana's favorite pull out couch. She turned her head to the left, staring at him as she sunk into the pillowy cushions.

"Confused, I guess?" She shrugged. "I feel like I'm being played with."

"Lane's one son of a bitch," Jimin suddenly sat down beside her. "Acting all nice while he knew what he was doing. He was probably trying-"

"Jimin." Namjoon interjected tightly. "Stop. Not right now."

Y/n twisted her hands nervously in her lap.

"I - um, I was actually wondering how you got the footage?" Y/n switched the topic off a Lane for a second to question what had been plaguing her mind for a while. Once she found herself deeply thinking about it, she didn't understand. She almost didn't want to, but this was her safety, so she had to.

How'd they get the footage of Lane in her room? From her room?

"Uh, well, you were mad at us right? But you wouldn't listen to our explanation so we had to find another way of proving to you we were inno-"

"No, that's not-" she shook her head, "that's not what I'm asking though. I'm asking why do you have footage from my room? It was in your laptop."

She tried relaxing into the couch, the warmth begging her to slide her eyes shut for a blissful sleep but she kept them open, cautious eyes staring at every handsome, innocent face sitting around her. It almost didn't feel real. They appeared almost angelical and poise, reminding her for a second of Greek statues.

The silence stretched for a bit longer.

Y/n spoke up. "You must have known of the cameras. I could call the police, you know." Her eyes slid towards Jungkook as the threat left her lips. She called it bluff, but they didn't know that. She just needed to coax the truth out of them. She just wanted the truth.

Jungkook took a deep breath, nostrils flaring slightly as his eyes narrowed to slits. "Fine, you wanna know the truth?" He leaned forward, knees coming to rest at his knees.

Before his mouth could open, Namjoon interrupted him with: "he hacked into your security system."

Y/n almost wanted to rip out her hair from frustration. A no fucking way, you don't say? nearly left her lips but instead, she pursued them together. They must of thought she was really fucking stupid, or oblivious. Maybe even both. But if she were honest, the probability hadn't even crossed her mind till a few minutes ago. She just didn't understand why they even bothered going so far as to hacking her computer to convince her they were innocent.

She felt like she was doing everything wrong all of a sudden. She left like she was missing something, however. What was it, though...

What was it...

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

As y/n shot up from her seat and rushed towards the door, Jimin let his eyes follow her. He thought he had her. He nearly fucking had her. But she was a difficult one, he must admit. She always managed to get away from them.There was always a flaw she spotted out in their plans. Always. She had a billion questions for them to answer. She had caution towards them, he noticed. She didn't trust them yet.  He needed her to trust him. He needed her to need them.

His eyes slightly hardened around the edges when Jackson appeared behind y/n, a causal smile on his face as he greeted everyone else. He didn't like the arm that came to rest around y/n's shoulder. Y/n trusted Jackson. They were close.

Then, it dawned upon him. He offered Jackson a beaming smile when he came over to greet him. The idea played around his head for a few seconds.

Take away a piece from the bottom of a card pyramid and they all come tumbling down.

That's all he needed to do.

[ not edited, feel free to point out mistakes. Be gentle with me tho. It's late and I'm emotionally sensitive at 12 AM ]