Letter One: A Thought

Dear anyone,

Do you ever get the urge to just write and write and write without really thinking about what you're going to put on the page? I get that urge almost every day. But the problem is that I can never start writing, and if I do it's never quite what I wanted to express.

Sometimes I just make up a title I find intriguing, and write it at the top of a page, and then go from there. Other times I will simply start writing a sentence and see where it takes me (which is exactly what I'm doing now). Some days I'll actually try and make an outline for a story idea that's been bouncing around in my head, and those usually end up going the farthest, but I never finish anything in the end.

I suppose that's why I write poetry the most. Because it can be more spontaneous, and free.  I don't feel like I have to make a continuation of a short poem, because I want to express a lot in the very few words I've put down. Does that make sense? If you write, it might. 

Anyway, for now I'll just continue thinking, and maybe a story will pop out. All I have to do, is never stop trying.

A/N

If anyone likes it please vote! I guess I can't ask for much yet since I haven't made this anything substantial yet, but at least comment!

Thanks. xo