Chapter 18: Finding Out

~ ☕ ~

"Wes, can I go back to the Homestead? I need to check about something in my phone."

"Sure, Linda."

After asking permission from Wes, he gave orders to the staff and some actors for the next scene. I just finished my scene with Kaya so I used the break to try to contact Matt.

We are now almost finish with filming the movie. And exactly six months away from Ki Hong's wedding. Matt texted me every day to inform me about our parents' activities. We need to stay alert if we want this to continue.

With the four months that passed, my friendship with the others grew deeper and stronger. Dylan was being like what he always been. Ki Hong is acting more like a father figure to all of us. Kaya being the girl version of Dylan when energetic and Thomas when tired. Thomas being my relaxation.

And Will.

Will and I became closer like the others. We haven't discussed much about what happened in the dinner. Every time I try to bring it up, he would always find the way to change the topic. So I stopped. It upsets me at first but I can see that pushing him to talk about it will take us nowhere.

All of us haven't time to stay in someone's unit back in the hotel because we were always sleeping once we head back. It was really tiring to film under a sunny day.

I walked towards the farthest hammock and found my bag. I opened my bag and saw my clothes piled neatly as always. Surprisingly, my phone wasn't where it should be.

"What the?" I searched again in my bag but it was no use. I already searched every pocket but my phone was nowhere to be found. I was pretty sure it was right inside my bag.

I was beginning to feel nervous. I need to find my phone right away. If someone read Matt's message, then I'm done for.

"Looking for this?"

I froze up as a masculine voice with British accent spoke up behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Thomas standing with my phone in his hand.

Did he read Matt's message?

I looked up quickly at him before focusing on my phone, "Yeah. I'm actually looking for my phone."

He didn't speak as I walked towards him. I was about to get my phone when he put it on his back pocket. "Are you hiding something, Linda?"

I looked at Thomas and saw that his face was filled with mixed emotions. Angry, sadness, anxiety, nervous, shocked. It gave a chill in my spine.

"What are you saying, Thomas?" I found myself asking. This is ridiculous. He obviously saw Matt's message and I was being in denial, making this situation worse.

His face showed a complete annoyed look, "You know what I'm saying. Don't be stupid."

"Thomas—"

He walked closer to me and whispered sharply, "No. You're telling me what the heck does this message means and why did you keep a secret from us."

I took a deep breathe before looking away. I was feeling guilty that one of my best friends found out about this. "My father wants me to replace him from being a CEO in Arch Company. He enrolled me in a prestigious school so I moved out and there I met Will. I..."

I looked at Thomas for a split second, only to see his face softened for a little. I continued, "I didn't know what to do. Will is my friend. When he offered me a job, I accepted it right away. Matt said that I can still turn back." I said the last part particularly to myself.