(Angst)A LivingNightmare

"Kacchan I'll be right back I promise."

Those cursed lies rang in Katsukis head like a neverending alarm. He let the words play in his head like a record on repeat. Katsuki walked into the hospital just like yesterday and the day before and the week before. He walked past the check in desk. He'd been here so many times they recognized him by his spiky hair and knew what he was here for. He walked to the elevator seeing a woman about his age with green hair she was going to the same floor as him.

He stared at her and watched as her face started to mold into his. "What's wrong kacchan." The voice spoke distorted, and Katsuki shook his head to see the woman looking at him concerned. He waited before walking off on his floor. He took a few turns before he slowed. He could see it. He breathed in slowly before walking into the room holding back tears. He looked around seeing how the room had been surrounded in flowers, and plush toys and chocolates. He placed down his flowers on a chair standing next to the body.

"Still look like shit, Deku." Katsuki chuckled quietly. He didnt move he just kept his same peaceful face, or as peaceful as a face could get with a tube going down his throat. Katsuki placed his hand on Izukus just looking at his face. "Please come back to me..."

He stayed for a few hours before leaving home. It had gotten dark and when he got home he slept on the couch.

He woke up in the morning with a yawn he stretched changing his clothes and brushing his teeth. Just as Katsiki was about to relax for a little he got a call on his phone.

From the Tsuki Hospital

"Hello,"

"Yes Mr.Bakugou you should come down to the hospital it's about-"

Katsuki didnt let then finish he ended the call running past his keys he was so excited he just ran. He ran to the hospital without even breaking a sweat. He took the stairs instead of the elevator up 6 levels until he got to Izukus room. He stared in to see the green haired boy sitting up with a smile on his face as he started to eat the chocolates he had been given. "Kacchan?"

Katsuki walked closer to the boy when it all faded.

In reality he stared into the room to see the boy surrounded by doctors as he peacefully slept.

"What the hell?" Katsuki questioned. "Last night Izuku got his daily scans and were so sorry, we did everything we could, but this morning we discovered Izuku had gone completely brain dead." The doctor with red hair tried explaining.

"Bullshit he's breathing can't you see." Katsuki pointed to the monitor. "The tube is breathing for him once he take it out he'll stop breathing." Another doctor with long black hair and glasses explained.

"Then don't take out the tube, if hes breathing, he-he could still wake up."

A younger doctor with short blinds hair stepped up. "You don't understand even with the vent he has gone braindead he cannot wake back up, he is dead, and-" the blonde doctor was stopped by the black haired doctor.

"Dr.Suzumi step outside." She said sternly. The blonde doctor exited leaving katsuki and the red and black haired doctor. "So once the vent is out he's gone?" Katsuki thought out loud.

"Yes sir, were so sorry for your loss, hero Deku was so brave and inspired us all to work our hardest to try and-" he was cut off. "That's a bunch of bullshit.." katsuki mumbled looking up with tears streaming down his face.

"IF YOU TRIED YOUR HARDEST HE'D BE ALIVE, YOU DIDNT TRY SHIT, YOU'RE USELESS." Katsuki exploded walking over to Izukus body which was slowly going pale and dead. "Please Deku.." Katsuki cried silently.

"We'll give you some time." The doctors left the room. Hours passed before Katsuki walked out with red puffy eyes. "Do it.." he mumbled. He waited outside watching the doctors mumble something as they pulled the tube out of Dekus mouth. Katsuki watched the monitors run flat on all screens. Another doctor unplugged the monitor. Katsuki felt himself start to cry again when a doctor tapped his shoulder. "Hero Deku asked us to give you this if this ever happened.." Katsuki looked at the doctor he could tell they had been crying too.

"Thank you." Katsuki took the letter and exited the hospital. He walked home and opened the letter. He walked into the park sitting on a bench as he began to read.

"Dear Kacchan,
I asked the doctors to give you this if anything happened, and if you're reading this it means that happened and I wanna start with how sorry I am. What I did was reckless and foolish, but it's my duty as a hero to put others lives before my own.

I love you so much Kacchan and theres some things I need to tell you. First of all whenever you buy chocolate you never leave it at the store I stash it away under the bed, there should be a few pieces left. I keep my earning in the safe but my code is 4200, your birthday. Also whenever you leave I spray your cologne on my hoodies so it feels like your with me, or I steal yours...sorry...

I keep my hoodies folded in the closet and I sprayed some of them with my cologne if you want those.

Anyway I'm running out of space but I want you to know I love you and always will.

You'll always be my beloved husband, Kacchan."

Signed,
Deku <3

Katsuki broke down in tears shoving the note in his pocket and walking home with a solemn look on his face. He made it home and looked to see that his chocolate was indeed under the bed and izukus hoodies were in the closet. Katsuki wore one of Izukus hoodies eating the chocolate as he read the letter over and over again.

"Damn nerd..."

Word count- 1026