that party 👼

i woke up to someone calling my name. "ariane!" kaylen yelled. "what? today is a free day. i'm going to sleep in." i say back, my eyes drifting to sleep. "there's a party tonight. and aiden's coming." oh great. i didn't have the same feelings for him anymore. he was seemed uninterested everytime i spoke. so maybe today i could break things off. but i didn't like him sad, i thought. whatever. "oh okay, i'll get ready." i say walking up to the bathroom. "great!" she says, smiling. i got ready for tonight. i was almost done doing my hair when i heard a doorbell. i walked down and saw jabez and aiden standing next to him. "hey, ari!" aiden said cheerfully. "hey," i say with a weak smile. i went up to him and we hugged. i looked over and saw jabez eyeing me. i smile at him. "uhm, should we start going," kaylen asked. "but it's only 2pm," i replied. "who cares?" she answered back, looking annoyed. i nod my head and started walking out the door. aiden lead me to his car and we drove to the party. it looked crazy. a lot of people were there, blasting music, playing games and other stuff. aiden and i walked in and i soon lost him in the crowd. the only person i knew was jabez, so i went up to him. "hey," i say, smiling very weakly. "oh hi," he repiles. we started talking for what seemed like an hour. i looked at my phone and it was 4pm. wow. we've been talking for an hour and thirty minutes. he stops the conversation, and says "do you know where kaylen is?". i looked ahead. "oh i think she's over there, pointing in some direction. "okay, let's go see." he replies. we walk over and saw kaylen kissing aiden. "KAYLEN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! " i yell. then the whole party was silence. "you don't seem like you love him. staring at my boyfriend like that. " she says glaring at me. a tear fell down my cheek and i ran away. i was going to catch a bus to get home, when i heard footsteps running. someone tapped me and i saw jabez behind me. i flinched. "don't be sad," he says, handing me a tissue. i looked into his eyes and they were red. "jabez! are you okay?" i asked, concerned. "yea, i am," he says, smiling. his eyes were puffy. "you don't seem like it," i reply. "well, yeah. you're right. i'm not. we both lost her." he says, sniffling. a tear ran down my cheek. great, we're roommates. i'll see her tonight. and it's not going to be good. "wanna come to my house," he says. "oh sure." i reply, smiling. "i just need to get my stuff." i add. "oh okay, i can drive you." he says back. we walk to his car and he drove off to my apartment. i walk in and get everything i needed. and then we left. "probably the last time i'll ever be in this apartment." i say in the elevator. "i guess so," he says back, running his fingers in my hair. i smile at him. we got to the car and he drove us home. we got to the house and it looked really big. "oh, yeah. you can sleep on my bed. and i'll sleep on the couch."
"oh no. it's fine. i'll sleep on the couch. " i say, smiling. "uh, i guess we can both sleep on the bed? just sleep on the other side," he replies. "um, i guess," i say questioning my answer. "alright," he says laughing. then we go to bed.