Chapter 12: Burger

"Um, Xavier?" I said meekly. 

"Hmm?"

"You can let go of me now," I replied. 

"Nah, I think I'm good but you could sit a little closer." He replied casually flicking the menu. 

I sighed and leaned in closer to look at the menu. "So what do you recommend?" I asked. "Better be good." 

"Of course, how about this nice little salad? The proportions are small and it's healthy?" he slowly trailed off after seeing the dirty look I was giving him. 

"Well thank you for absolutely no help," I replied sarcastically and started scanning the menu for food. 

I called over the waiter again and he came over grinning creepily again. 

"Can I help you?" He asked. I look at Xavier indicating that he could go first. 

He clears his throat, "uh yeah I'll like a chicken burger set A with cola." 

The waiter nods but keeps his eyes on me which make me scoot a little closer to Xavier and as if feeling my discomfort, his arm around me tenses. 

"Um... and I'll have a cheeseburger, no pickles, and any sauce. And lemon ice tea. Thanks." I closed the menu and gave it back to him but cringe slightly as his fingers touched mine. 

When he left, I started to relax again. I look at Xavier only to find him staring at me already. 

"Xavier?" 

"Alyssa?" He mimics.  

I rolled my eyes and lean into him since I couldn't lean into the back of the seat due to his arm. 

We sit in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other company. 

The food arrives and I start to dig in. 

"Ok, this is amazing," I replied with my hand over my mouth because it was full of food. 

"Told ya." Smirked Xavier and I rolled my eyes. "You still owe me a date though."

I feel myself turning pink and I muttered, "whatever". 

When I was halfway done I look over to see that Xavier already finished but no surprise since I'm a slow eater. 

"You want my fries?" I asked and he grins. I laughed and shoved my plate toward him. When I finish eating I lean back on him and sigh. 

"I'm so full," I commented. 

"Nobody asked." Replied Xavier and I roll my eyes. 

"I need the bathroom."

"Again nobody asked." 

"Yes but I need to get out and your sort of in my way."

"..."