Chapter 16: Misunderstood

--------------------- Xavier's PoV -----------------------------------------

Why did I say that? What the hell was I thinking? I stood there frozen in the mall. I just blew my chances with her. My crush since first grade. She even admitted that she likes me.

"Aren't you going to go after her?" someone called out and it shook me back to reality. I quickly started running the way my sweetheart ran but it was too late. I couldn't find where she was and I didn't know where she lived.

I groaned and started heading home but changed my mind and went to a bar. I need something to get my mind off of her for a while.

I walk into the bar and they let me in without lining up because, come on, I'm a Wolfert. I walk straight to the bar and order a couple of shots and I threw them back, one after another.

"Hey hottie, going through some trouble?" a slutty voice appears beside me. I don't bother looking at her.

"not interested, " I muttered monotone. Apparently she didn't get the hint since she starts trailing her fake nail on my arm, which hurts like hell.

"Come on babe, don't be such a grouch." she "giggles" but it sounds so terrible. Nothing like Alyssa's - NO don't think of her! She prolly hates me right now.

"Do you want to have some fun?" she screeches trying to sound seductive but it just sounds like a cat dying for me.

I try to pull away but her grip on my was firm and being the gentlemen I am, I don't want to hurt her.

"Piss off," I say angrily but she still doesn't get the hint.

"Playing hard to get huh?" she tries to unbutton my shirt and I push her away.

"Aw, come on." She forced herself onto me and tried to kiss me. I immediately stood up and turn around to leave when I see a familiar hair flowing away from me and to the exit.

I gulped, knowing who it is and ran after her. I can't let her think I was making out with someone right after her. It'll break her. And if she breaks, I don't know if she'll allow me to fix her.

I definitely screwed up.