Chapter Five

The next morning, I woke up and realized that it was Saturday. I looked over at my phone and saw that it had five unread messages from Mitch. I clicked on his messages.

"Hey!" -sent at 9:55PM

"Hi." -sent at 11:11PM

"Goodnight." -sent at 11:45PM

"Good morning" -sent at 9:15AM

"Are you ignoring me?" -sent at 9:45AM

        I looked at the time. The clock read 12:30PM. I got out of bed and went downstairs. I ate some cereal and texted Mitch back.

"Hey. Im sooooo sorry. I fell asleep and just woke up.", and pressed send.

        I waited for a response and grabbed my hot chocolate out of the microwave. I realized how hot it was when my phone buzzed and I spilled it all over my shirt. It bled through my skin. I grabbed a towel and it soaked up most of my drink. I changed shirts and checked my phone. It was a message from Mitch

"Hey :) What are you doing today?"

        I replied back with,

"I don't have any plans. What about you?" , and I pressed send.

        I went upstairs and made my bed. I picked out a red and black plaid button up with a white camisole, and some black jeggings. I went to check my email and noticed that i recieved a new message from an address that I didn't recognize. The email was BadBurritoLlamaFoots@RoyaleMail.com.

To: WinterARead123@hotmail.com

From: badburritollamafoots@roylemail.com

Message:

        Hi Winter.

You don't know me, but I know you. I haven't met you in person, but just know that I have gotten your email. So don't be surprised if you get a call from a suspicious number tonight.

From: H

        The first thing that came into my mind as I was reading that was, how did they get my email. Second, how did they know my name. Third, who is H and what does it stand for.

          I grabbed my phone and texted Mitch.

"Hey. Who is H, or badburritollamafoots@roylemail.com...?"

        He replied almost instantly.

"I don't know. But I love that email!"

"I know right!!!"

"But anyway, do you want to come over today?", he asked me.

        It took me a second to realize that this was real life.

"Sure!"    

        I laid my phone down and went to the bathroom. I took off my clothes and took a hot bath. I watched as the tub filled with hot water and soapy bubbles. I sat there wih my eyes closed for twenty minutes. I rinsed off and went back to my room. I put on my clothes and blow dried my hair. I touched it up with a straightener to make it look much longer than what it actually was. I put on my makeup and some golden dangle earrings. I walked over to my closet and grabbed the first pair of boots that I saw. They were chocolate brown with a few gold chains, and a three inch heel. I put those on walked into Jerry's room.

"Hey, Jerry."

        He probably couldn't hear me over halo.

"JERRY!", I yelled, hoping he would hear me.

"What the hell do you want? You made me have to pause me game!!", he said.

"Drive me to Mitch's house."

"No. I'm busy!!! GOD!", he yelled back.

"Fine! I'll just walk there. And I'll tell mom about what you did last night!"

"What the fuck did I do?", he said.

"I heard you talking to Tyler on the phone earlier. About how last night you broke the condom!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!", he growled at me.

"Either drive me, or I tell."

"I'll be down in a sec. God!", he said.

"Fine!".

        I went outside and called Mitch.

"Hello?", I heard a voice say.

"Hey!", I replied back.

"Well hi, beautiful!"

"Still want me to come over?", I asked.

"Yeah. I made lunch if you're hungry."

"Thanks babe. I'll be over soon."

        I got in the car and watched Jerry slam the door shut so loud that the whole neighborhood could hear. He started the car and turned the volume up all the way. I changed the station to Today's hits, but he changed it back to Eminem. Neither of us spoke the whole way there.

        When we arrived, I got out of the car and slammed it. I saw Mitch walk out of the door to greet me.

"Why don't you just stay the whole night!", I heard Jerry yell sarcastically behind me.

        I got closer to the porch and he reached his arm out to hold me with it.

"I missed you, Winter, like the season."

"I missed you too!", I said back.

We walked inside and I saw a plate with chips and dip on the counter.

"Help yourself to anything if you're hungry.", Mitch said.

"Okay...?" I was feeling awkward because I'd never really been inside his house before."

"I have something I wrote for you.", he said, acting all nervous.

"It's uh- somthing I wrote.."

"That's awesome! Let me hear it.", I said.

"Okay. I really hope you like it.", he said.

"I know I will, babe!"

        He started playing the guitar this really pretty rhythm, and before I knew it, he started singing.

"Girl, you know you've got my heart racin'. And I try to get to you in my dreams. I like the way that you look at me. And I love the way that you talk to me. And I said. Maybe it's the things you say, the things that catch me. You know I love it. You know I love it oh. Maybe it's the things you do, but some seem out of the blue. You know I love it. You know I love you. ooh ooh ooh."

        He just stopped and stared at me with a smile after he stopped playing.

"Did you like it?", he asked, very nervous and shaky.

"Yes. I loved it.", I said.  "I could show you something cool, if you want."

        He just looked at me and nodded. We got up and walked over to the room that had all of the instruments in there. We both sat down at the piano and I played a few chords. He played the melody for me. But all of a sudden, I felt heat go through me straight to my heart. Then I looked over at him, and saw that his fingers were interlocked with mine. We stared into each other's eyes and smiled. Before I knew it, I just saw us leaning closer to each other. I didn't even realize I was doing it too. It was like some force had taken over and pulled us together. Then it happened. Our lips were touching, eyes closed, arms around each other, everything. From then on, I realized that I had never loved anyone more than I had loved Mitch. I never wanted to let that feeling go. He made me have so many feelings go through me. He even made me feel like I was on top of the world. So high, I couldn't come back down. I never wanted to love another.