Chapter 1

Charlie's POV

I run home from school and see my mother making dinner and my grandparents having a conversation. I sit there and do my homework and wait for my father to come home. A couple of minutes later I hear the door open and I look and see my dad.

"Evening buckets." He says as he takes off his jacket. "Evening." My grandparents say. "Hi, Dad," I say with a great big smile on my face. He walks over to mom and she says, "Soups almost ready darling." Then gives him a kiss, eww. "I don't suppose there's anything extra to put in?" Mom says. Dad looks a little sad and I'm pretty sure mom noticed so she smiled and said, "Oh, well, nothing goes better with cabbage than cabbage." And she cuts more cabbage. Dad walks over to me and says, "Charlie, I found something I think you'll like." He puts his hand in his pocket and takes out a fist full of disfigured toothpaste caps.

I gasp as I see the missing piece of my almost masterpiece. I grab the piece and say, "Its exactly what I need." I say and run to go get my almost finished masterpiece. "What is it, Charlie?" Grandpa Joe says. "Dad found it, just the piece I needed!" I say. "What piece was it?" He asks. "The head for Willy Wonka, I already had the head for Y/n Wonka I just needed Willy's," I say. "Well, How wonderful!" Grandma Josephine says. "It's quite a likeness." Grandpa Joe says. "You think so?" I say. "I know so! I saw Willy and Y/n Wonka with my own two eyes. I used to work for them you know." Grandpa says.

"You did?" I asked completely shocked. "I did." He says. "He did." Grandma Josephine says. "He did." Grandpa George says. "I love grapes." Grandma Georgina says. I just smile at her and look back at Grandpa Joe. "Of course, I was a younger man in those days. Willy and Y/n Wonka started in a small store on Cherry Street 20 years ago. But the whole world wanted their candy." Grandpa Joe says.

~flash back~

Joe's POV

Mr.Wonka?" I ask as I walk into the back room where all the candy is made. "Yeah?" Mr. Wonka asks while examining the large piece of hard candy in front of him.

"We need more Wonka bars and we're out of chocolate birds," I say. Then I see Mrs. Wonka walk into the room and she asks, "Birds?"

"Birds. Eh, well, then, we'll need to make some more." Mr. Wonka says and picks up one of the candy eggs and holds it up and holds it by my mouth. "Here." He says and I open my mouth and he puts the egg in my mouth.

I close my mouth then Mrs. Wonka says, "Now open." When I opened my mouth there was a chocolate bird sitting on my tongue. Mr. Wonka and Mrs. Wonka giggle and go back to examining the candy.

    ~Flash Back Over~