Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

"But there must be people working there," I say. "Think about it, Charlie. Have you ever seen a single person going into that factory? Or coming out of it?" Grandma Josephine asks. I shake my head, "No. The gates are always closed." I say. "Exactly." Grandpa Joe says putting his bowl of Cabbage soup down. "But then, who's running the machines?" I ask. Mom looks at me, "Nobody knows, Charlie." She says and Dad adds, "It certainly is a mystery." "Hasn't someone asked Mr.Wonka or Mrs.Wonka?" I ask. "Nobody sees them anymore. They never come out. The only thing that comes out of that place is the candy, already packed and addressed. I'd give anything in the world just to go in one more time and see what's become of that amazing factory." Grandpa Joe says sadly. "Well, you won't. Because you can't. No one can. It's a mystery and it will always be a mystery. That little factory of yours, Charlie, is as close as any of us is ever going to get." Grandpa George says which makes Grandpa Joe put his head down sadly. Mom looked a little annoyed at what grandpa George had said so she spoke, "Come on, Charlie. I think it's time we let your grandparents get some sleep." I give mom my bowl and her and dad pick up all the bowls and put them away. I go over to everyone and give them a hug and kiss on the cheek goodnight. When I got to grandma Georgina I give her a hug and while we are hugging she whispers in my ear, "Nothings impossible, Charlie." When I pull away she gives me a big smile. I smile back and kiss her cheek. I go to my bed and yell, "Goodnight!" They all yell back, "Goodnight, Charlie!" And with that, I fell asleep.