Chapter 2

Grandpa Joe's POV

"The man and women were geniuses. Did you know they invented a new way of making chocolate ice cream so that it stays cold for hours without a freezer? You can even leave it lying in the sun on a hot day and it won't go runny." I stated. "But that's impossible," Charlie says. "But Y/n and Willy Wonka did it. Before long, they decided to build a proper chocolate factory, the largest chocolate factory in history. 50 times as big as any other." I say and tell Charlie the rest and how my wife and I kissed outside those gates. "Grandpa, don't make it gross!" Charlie says. I laugh and then my wife Josephine says, "Tell him about the Indian prince he'd like to hear about that." I immediately remembered what she was saying, "You mean, Prince Pondicherry? Prince Pondicherry wrote a letter to Mr. and Mrs. Wonka and asked them to come all the way out to India and build him a colossal palace, entirely out of chocolate." Georgina giggles. "True to his word the bricks were chocolate and the cement holding them together was chocolate. All the walls and ceilings were made of chocolate, as well. So were the carpets and the pictures and the furniture. Then came a hot day and the palace melted. The prince sent an urgent telegram requesting a new palace, but the Wonka's were facing problems of their own. All the other chocolate markers, you see, had grown jealous of Mr. Wonka. They began to send in spies. Fickelgruber started making an ice cream that would never melt. Prodnose came out with a chewing gum that never lost its flavor. Then Slugworth began making candy balloons that you could blow up to incredible sizes. The thievery got so bad that one day, without a warning, Mr. Wonka and Mrs. Wonka told every single one of there workers to go home. They announced, that they were closing their chocolate factory forever."
Mr. Wonka: We are closing are chocolate factory forever.
Mrs. Wonka: We're sorry
"But it didn't close forever. It's open right now." Charlie says.

          Charlie's POV
"Ah, yes, well, when grownups say "forever," they mean "a very long time," Mom says. Then Grandpa George says, "Such as "I feel like I've eaten nothing but cabbage soup forever." "Now, Pops," Dad says to Grandpa George. "The factory did close, Charlie." Grandma Josephine says. "And it seemed like it was going to be closed forever. Then, one day, we saw smoke rising from the chimneys. The factory was back in business." Grandpa Joe said. "Did you get your job back?" I ask. "No. No one did." He says.