What Lies Inside

I walk towards Mark's recording room and open the door. He's playing Golf with Friends with Ethan and Wade. "Mark, do you want anything to eat? I'm making supper right now." I said peeking my head into the room. "Sure, What are you making?" Mark asks, turning around in his chair. "Spaghetti." "Omg Mark after this game I'm coming over I love (Y/N)'s spaghetti." I hear Ethan speak through his microphone.

"I want spaghetti too! Why do I have to live practically across the country from you guys!?" Wade yells causing me to laugh. "It should be done soon." I say before turning and leaving the room. I entered the kitchen where Chica stood by the stove wagging he tail. "No way, I feel like if I give you anymore human food we're gonna have to take you to the vet and get your stomach pumped." I said, as Chica began to look at me with her big brown puppy eyes.

"No, Chica. That's final." I said, turning my attention back to my spaghetti. It was just about done when I heard a crash from Mark's recording room. I quickly shut off the stove and run to the room before throwing the door open. Mark lay there with his head in his hands. I kneel down beside him before calling his name a few times. He groans back in response and I pull out my phone to call for an ambulance. "No, don't call anyone." I hear Mark mutter.

I put my phone away and help Mark get up. He seems pale in the face, like he's almost sick. "Listen to me, (Y/N). I need you to leave. Go stay with Ethan, Matt, or Tyler. I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here." Mark said, his eyes pleading. "Why, Mark? What's going on? Are you ok?" I asked checked his head to see if he was warm. He was almost as cold as ice. "I'm fine, and I'll continue to be as long as I know you're safe. Don't tell me where you go and don't answer any of my calls." Mark said, practically dragging me out of his recording room and to our bedroom. "Pack for a week, hopefully you'll be able to come back home by then."

"Mark, what the hell is going on!?" I yelled and Mark let out a sigh. "I can't explain it to you. I'd be putting you in more danger if you knew what was going on just trust me. Pack and go." Mark said before turning away and going back into his recording room. Something was wrong with him, but I'll do as he wants. I pack my clothes in my suitcase along with my toiletries and a few other items I wanted with me. I left without telling Mark where I was going, hell I didn't even know where I was going.

I decide to call Matt. I let the phone ring, but it goes straight to his voicemail. Ethan was playing with Mark earlier, so maybe he would answer. I call and let it ring. "This is Ethan." I hear Ethan on the opposite end of the phone. "Ethan I need to stay with you, I'm not sure how long but Mark told me I can't be at home right now." I said, making a u-turn to head towards Ethan's. "Sure thing (Y/N), but...you have to cook while you're here." Ethan says with a slight chuckle. "Works for me, I'll be over in ten." With that I hung up the phone and kept driving.

After a few turns, a couple red lights, and one very angry pedestrian who walked in the middle of the road, I make it to Ethan's. I grab my suitcase and head inside without knocking. I am greeted by the barks of Spencer. "Spencer!" I yell before kneeling down as he runs to me. I pet him until Ethan pops his head around the corner. "Alright (Y/N), you start making some spaghetti and we can talk about the situation over diner. Kapeesh?" Ethan says. I nod before petting Spencer one last time before cooking.

After a bit the spaghetti is done, and I put it on plates before calling Ethan from his spot on the couch. He takes his plate and starts scarfing down the food. "Oh my gosh this is amazing." He says, a mouthful of food. "Thanks." I say, throwing down a noodle for Spencer. "Now, what's the deal with Mark? I tried calling him after you called but he didn't answer." Ethan said as he gave me a confused looked. I explain to him what happened at the house. "I just feel so in the dark about this." I say looking from Ethan to the plate in front of me.

"I have an idea of who might know more. Have you tried talking to your brother?" Ethan asks, raising a brow. "No, it's the middle of the night over there." I say looking at the time. "Alright, but if I were you I'd call Jack." Ethan said before taking his empty plate to the sink. I pull out my phone and scan through my contacts for Sean. Maybe he'd be awake playing some video game. I call him and place the phone up to my ear before hearing it ring a few times. "Hello?" A groggy Sean asks. "I'm sorry did I wake you? I can call back later." I say into my phone. "No it's fine, what's up?"

"Mark's acting weird." I say, then going on to explain what happened earlier. "Do you know why he's acting like this?" I ask. I hear Sean sigh on the opposite side of the phone. "Yeah I do, but it's better if you don't know why. You'll be in danger if you aren't already." Sean said. "Sean, that's what Mark said. You know I don't like secrets. What the hell are you two hiding?" I ask, becoming angry. "(Y/N), I love you but I can't tell you. It's better this way, I promise." After that Sean hung up on me and I slam my phone on the table.

"Sounds like you don't have answers yet." Ethan said coming back. "No, and Sean knows but he won't tell me! I can't handle not knowing. What if Mark's hurt? What if he has some disease I don't know about? What if he just wants me out of the house? Why is he hiding this from me?" I say as tears roll down my face. Ethan wraps me in a hug before his phone vibrates. He pulls it out of his pocket to see a group text. "Who's it from?"

"Mark." Ethan says in a whisper. "What. Does. It. Say." I say glaring at Ethan. He opens the text and reads it aloud. "Hey guys, I'm gonna be offline and quiet for awhile. I don't know which one of you (Y/N) is bunking with, but don't let her come to see me. Don't let her call me. No contact whatsoever. She's in danger if she knows what's happening to me. You know those Darkiplier videos I made? While those were fake, he's real. It's like a personality disorder. I can't control him. I don't know if anything will happen to me, but don't worry about me. Just whoever is with her, keep (Y/N) safe."