2

"The Tragedy of Purterra." Professor Min said in his calm, deep voice, the students listening with rapt as he put a heavy looking, dark book on the table in the middle of the raised area where the podium was, looking ahead at them with his dark eyes. 

"Take out your books, please. Let's discuss. There will be two sections in the book. The characters and then, naturally, the legend itself." 

"Uh, question, sir." Hoseok said, raising his hand halfway before letting it fall on his book with a thud. "I searched about the curriculum of this year's Literature, and it showed nothing of any book called The Tragedy of Purterra." 

There was a small bout of silence where Hoseok stared at the professor and the man stared right back with a neutral expression. 

"What is your question, Mr. Jung?" He said quietly. 

Hoseok looked stumped. "Well, I was just...just asking. I mean, the-the book wasn't in the curriculum so why are we-?" 

"Mr. Jung, you searched about the year's curriculum yet you don't know that I set the paper, which means that I choose whatever book I want my students to read. Is that clear, or do you have any more... questions?" 

Hoseok swallowed a little hard and shook his head. 

The professor stared at him for a moment longer and then continued speaking while Taehyung leaned closer to his friend. 

"You have a degrading kink, my friend." And tried to stifle his yelp as said friend kicked him under the table. Behind them, Seokjin, Namjoon and Jimin sat, laughing a little as Hoseok flushed. All of them had changed to fourth hour Literature, for whatever reason, which may have revolved around the fact that if they didn't fill in this hour, they would have been left with no choice but to choose Biometrics, which, Taehyung knew, was not their choice. 

"The Tragedy of Purterra is a tale set in medieval times. It is often thought of as pure fiction, fantasy if you will." His tone indicated that he did not believe the statement. "This book contains mythical creatures, living with the humans, which were in lesser amounts." He walked small steps along the podium, hands folded in front of his chest as he looked at the students.

"A thing which should be comprehended by each and every one of you. This tale is very, very controversial, on many different aspects, but first and foremost, on the fact that this was a tragic love story between two boys." 

Taehyung's eyebrows raised slightly in surprise, along with almost all of the class's. They started murmuring slightly, giggles and whispers, while the professor continued like he hadn't heard anything. 

"Before we delve into the story, we will go through the creatures introduced in the tale." He looked at his students. "First, one of the main characters, a prince, Tairon." 

Taehyung leaned on his palm, staring at the professor with sudden interest, the name and the intensity of his words somehow holding his attention. 

"The Royal Family were born as creatures which were called as Fenres Vir. These creatures were perhaps the most important, the strongest, and the oldest creatures, the chain of Virs traveling from thousands of years. They were human, yes, but each with a warrior's heart. People say that each and every Vir had the spirit of a specific legendary warrior inside them." The blond man walked away from the podium and took steps towards the students, going to random desks and knocking his knuckles once on the desks of the students who weren't paying attention. 

"The Virs all had impeccable strength, the ability to withstand unquestionable duress and coercion. They were revered, worshiped because of the fact that they made the laws and they were such phenomenal creatures.