Boku no Kokuhaku

"Is everyone ready?" Ren asked us. We were all inside the Vr pods after putting all the components on. "I'm gonna turn everything on now!"

I braced myself for the flash of light that was gonna shine from the Vr. The last time I used these things I suddenly had some kind of panic attack. Everyone was kind of reluctant with me playing again but I insisted I would do it. What kind of president would I be if I just bailed out and let the others do the work?

Ren then began to count down as I heard the system boot and run.

"Turning on the system! Preparing the power! Turn on machines on three," Ethan said. "Three—"

Ren turned everything on.

"I was counting down!!" Ethan yelled. "The power outlet wasn't ready!"

"And—?"

All the power went out...

"That!" Ethan facepalmed. "You own these things, why do you not know the proper procedures.."

"Look, I'm not really the one that install these things anyway." Ren scratched the back of his head while laughing awkwardly. "Anyway, it's probably better if everyone would come out of the pods for now."

Everyone undid all the parts attached to their body and got out of the pods. Their sighs of disappointment filled the room.

"Now what?" Zane groaned. "Are we gonna have to move the challenge to a different time now?"

"Not necessarily..." The Prez said. "While it's true that all these pods will just cause the school to blow another fuse, Let's lessen the pods needed to use."

"I guess we could do that..." Ann agreed. "But what would the other members of both sides do? Would be a waste to have them only spectate.."

        Prez smiled. "That can be arranged..." He looked at the four quantums. "As you four have the honors of hosting this, how about you think of different contest. Let's say.. two little contest for the others to do, and then the Vr game for the last round, The side with the most wins get their end of the bargain."

        "Umm... we'll see what we can make out of, Prez." Ren contemplated on what to do. He and the other three huddled together as we waited to see where this turn of events would lead us.

        "Well, I'll go and apologize to school maintenance, and I'll try to arrange something so the Vr thing will work." The Prez left the School Council office.

A few minutes after he moved out of the room the power went back on. That was quick! Seeing the room was easier and would make the contest happen much easier than doing it in the dark with only the window lighting the place.

       "So you four any ideas?" I asked the group that was huddled. I tried to speed things up as I see the ones in the council become impatient, they started writing other paper works. I guess they're used to being efficient and not wasting time.

"Hey hey!" Chika smiled. "Can I go first?"

"We still don't know what the first contest is," Tsubaki explained. "But if you really want to, I guess."

"Sheesh, choosing a player already?" Natsuki rolled her eyes. "She's really an airhead, who would just volunteer like that? It's so stupid.."

I looked over at her, stared at her for a few moments. A tint of red appeared in her cheeks.

"W-what are you staring at you pervert!" She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Do you want to go play as well?" I asked her.