CHAPTER I: Scene 5

Scene 5: A Night to Remember

"Whoa, this place is sick!" Neil exclaimed, his eyes lighting up as he scoped out the room. I was equally impressed, taking in the spacious digs that seemed tailor-made for us. He headed for the bathroom, leaving me to notice Hailey standing by our doorway, arms folded, clearly impressed.

"What's up, Hailey?" I asked casually.

"Just checking out the digs. Not bad," she replied, a hint of jealousy in her tone. I smirked."Jealous much?" I teased.

Hailey rolled her eyes. "Yeah, totally envious," she shot back sarcastically.  

"Of course you are! Can't blame you," Neil chimed in, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Aw, look at you being all alone and scared," he teased, grinning. Hailey shot him a look.

"If I'm a puppy, at least I'm a cute one. But you? More like a bulldog," Hailey fired back, not missing a beat.

"Burn!" I added, chuckling as Hailey stomped off to her room, clearly annoyed by our banter.

As she slammed her door shut, Neil and I exchanged amused glances, both knowing that Hailey's irritation was all part of our usual dynamic.

I closed the door and took a moment to take in the room. "Nice spot for a fresh start," I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I spotted something shiny near the cabinet, tucked under the carpet. Before I could investigate further, Neil popped back in. "Still snooping around? Let's go already!" he said impatiently.

"Just a sec," I muttered, but by the time I turned back, the shiny object had vanished. Must've been my imagination. Shaking it off, I followed Neil out to join the hustle and bustle of moving in.

As we stepped outside, we were greeted by a sight that left us speechless: three burly movers hauling what looked like a mountain of Hailey's stuff into her room. Two maids trailed behind them, and there stood Hailey, supervising like a queen.

"Seriously spoiled," Neil muttered, watching the scene unfold. Hailey shot him a smug look.

"You got any help, Neil? Or are you gonna carry all your stuff yourself?" Hailey taunted."Hey, I'm not broke!" Neil protested, clearly irked.

Hailey shot back with a raised tone, "Oh, really? Why don't you just stick to minding your own business?" Her words carried a dismissive edge, shutting down Neil's remarks in one fell swoop.

"Seems like my minions are here too," I chimed in, leaving Neil dumbfounded, giving me a disbelieving look.

"Ralph! You too?! I thought we were in this together?!" Neil protested."I never said that," I replied with a shrug.

"You traitor—"

After a few minutes, Neil started fixing everything feeling betrayed. My butler and I worked together to put everything in place, and we also helped a little with deciding where we wanted things to be.