1.

Steve's POV

It was a very beautiful day. Birds were flying around in the sky and I had the most amazing view down to the earth.

For many years it was my greatest wish to go there and get to know the strange but really interesting world of people.

But it would probably remain a dream, because no angel was allowed to fly down to earth, except the advisors of God.
After this long time as an angel, I had gotten used to the strict rules that the celestials had to follow. Sometimes I really hoped that one day my life would change into a better, more exciting one.

"Steweee." My little brother, Rafus, suddenly screamed and flew like a drunken bird toward the cloud I was lying on.

"What?!" I groaned angrily and sat up to stare at him.

"Dada said you should go sing now." He gasped heavily, trying to catch his breath.
I would never say it out loud because I was a good angel who never did or said anything bad, but I really, REALLY hated these singing lessons.

It was boring, annoying, and unnecessary. I knew it was a tradition that each of us had to fulfill. From the youngest to the oldest, male or female angels.

Literally EVERYONE. Groaning, I stretched, spread my wings, and raised into the sky. The feeling of flying was something indescribably great. I could still remember my very first flight, during which I almost crashed into the sky sculpture of our ruler.
But my mother caught me in time before anything could have happened to me.

Oh, my dear mother...

The others were already waiting for me, because I was the last one, like every time.

But nobody said anything, because:
Rule number 1.- If you want to be a good angel, never be angry with anyone.

But I could feel their anger running through my spine. I was an outsider because I was smaller and weaker than the others, which made it very difficult to keep up with them. I had only my little brother and my father, who was always busy and rarely at home because he was one of the god's advisors. Oh, and a little bird with only one wing named Peanut. He was the only friend I had, but that didn't really bother me.
I spent most of my time watching the earth or drawing. Back when I was a little angel, my father would secretly bring me thin, long objects called pencils and some white sheets that people called paper. Since then, I was really obsessed with drawing.

Every time my father went to Earth, he brought me some, even though it was forbidden to take anything from the human world. I hid them in a secret place so no one could find my drawings.

"Steve, take your place, we're about to begin," my singing teacher said in a stern, demanding voice. I could have sworn there was some kind of hatred flashing in her eyes.

Yep, she definitely hates me.

• • •

~ Helix❤