Ch. 4 Rose Hills, Tennessee

"Are we still at "ding-dong"? We're supposed to be on total security lock down. Come on, I threatened a terrorist. Who is that?" Tony huffs out as he makes his way to the door.

"There's only so much I can do, sir, when you give the world's press your home address." JARVIS states. We see a woman standing outside the house, the glass doors are opened and she enters.

"Right there's fine." Tony dressed in his Iron Man suit, walks toward her. LYou're not the Mandarin, are you? Are you?"

"You don't remember. Why am I not surprised?" She says.

"Don't take it personally, he doesn't remember what
he had for breakfast." I say, welcoming her into the house.

"Gluten-free waffles." Jarvis states.

"That's right." Tony says.

"Okay, look, I need to be alone with you. Someplace not here, it's urgent." The woman says to Tony.

"Normally, I'd go for that sort of thing, but now I'm in a committed relationship." As he turns to walk into the living room, two bags are thrown down from the above balcony.

"It's...with her." I say, pointing to the top of the stairs.

"Tony, Charlie, is somebody there?" Tony steps out of his suit.

"Yeah, it's Maya Hansen. Old botanist pal that I used to know, barely." As Pepper starts walking downstairs, Tony moves towards Maya and speaks quietly. "Please don't tell me that there is a twelve year-old kid waiting in the car that I've never met."

"He's thirteen. And no, I need your help." I laugh at her joke.

"What...what for? Why now?"

"Because I read the papers, and, frankly, I don't think you'll last the week."

"Yeah, it was stupid of him to announce our home address to the press." I say, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"We'll be fine." Tony says to me.

"I'm sorry. With Happy in the hospital, I didn't know we were expecting guests." Pepper says.

"We weren't." Tony states plainly.

"No, I..." Ms. Hansen starts to say.

"And old girlfriends!" Pepper exclaims.

"She's not really."

"No, not really. It...it was just one night." Maya stutters.

"That's how you did it, isn't it?" I asked. The girls nod their heads at me.

"It was a great night." Tony says.

"Well, you know..." Pepper starts. "You have saved yourself a world of pain."

"Oh, definitely. My brothers the worst." I say to her.

"What?" Tony says, raising his brow at Pepper and I.

"Trust us." Then turns towards Tony and I. "We're going out of town."

"Okay, we've been through this. Nope." Tony huffs out.

"Yep!" I say, grabbing a couple of bags.

"The man says no."

"I don't see a man, I just see a moron." I say and Pepper laughs at my statement. Then Tony and Pepper get in a bickering argument and Maya and I direct our attention to the TV. We see helicopters coming towards the house.

"Tony, we are leaving the house; that's not even up for discussion." Pepper continues.

"I said no."

"Guys, can we um..." Maya starts to say.

"What?" Tony turns his attention towards Maya and I.

I point to the bomb heading straight for the house. "Do we need to worry about that?" I say and then the house is suddenly hit, as everything explodes around us, Tony manages to get his Iron Man suit onto Pepper to protect her from the fall. I summon my Iron suit, and try to protect Maya, who's lying unconscious on the ground. As the ceiling is about to fall on Tony, Pepper saves him with the Iron Man suit.

"I got you." She says and I pick up Maya and get her to safety.

"I got you first. Like I said, we can't stay here." I hear Tony say to Pepper and I just roll my eyes.

The helicopters starts shooting at the house. "Move! I'm right behind!" As they run to get out, the floor in front of Tony collapses, Pepper manages to get on the other side. "I'm gonna find a way around." the house gets further destroyed as the helicopters continue to fire on it. The bullets hit my suit, rendering it useless. I get over to Tony and he motions for his Iron Man suit to come off Pepper and onto him.

"Jarvis, where's my flight power?!" I hear him say.

"Working on it, sir. This is a prototype." Tony manages to use his suit to destroy one of the helicopters.

"That's one."

"Sir, the suit is not combat-ready." JARVIS says and Tony manages to get away from the bullets being fired at him from one of the remaining helicopters and again uses his suit to bring down the helicopter.

"That's two." As the helicopter explodes it crashes into the house, the remaining helicopter continues on shooting at the house, finally the remains of house with Tony and I inside fall into the ocean. In the water, Tony and I start to feel like we're drowning.

"Take deep breaths." JARVIS tells us and after a few moments Tony's suit gets its flight power activated by Jarvis. "Flight power restored." Finally he manages to fly out of the ocean, with me in hand. Tony is unconscious and I'm feeling weak myself.

"Where are we going?" I ask, wondering why we aren't going back to Pepper.

"The recent flight was routed for Tennessee. That's where you both are headed now." The AI says and I quickly drift off to sleep. Then we hear a loud noise, startling us.

"Alright, kill the alarm. I got it." Tony says.

"That's the emergency alert triggered by the power dropping below five percent."

We notice that we're flying through the snow at night. He falls and we crash into the ground in the middle of a forest, he takes off his face helmet as he lies on the ground catching his breath. I do the same.

"It's snowing, right? Where are we, upstate?" Tony asks.

"We're five miles outside of Rose Hills, Tennessee." I say, remembering what JARVIS has told me earlier. I manage to get my suit opened up and sit up. "Holy shit!" I say feeling the sudden chill.

"Why?! Jarvis! Not my idea! What are we doing here? This is thousands of miles away, I gotta get Pepper, I gotta..."

"I prepared a flight plan. This was the location."

"Who asked you? Open the suit." Tony says annoyed.

"I...I think I may be malfunctioning, sir."

"Open eject." The suit gets off Tony and he sits up. "That's brisk!" He starts to feel the cold weather. "Maybe I'll just cozy back up for a bit."

"I actually think I need to sleep now, sir." And the suit loses power.

"Jarvis. Jarvis? Don't leave me, buddy."

"Poor Jarvis." I say and then Tony and I then drag the suits to a patrol station and make a call to Pepper.