Ch. 13 Told You

Tony and I are stilled trapped in the dungeon. A few guards stand watch over us and one of them is messing with the pink watch Harley have Tony. Then we hear the watch start to beep. I look to Tony, knowing that means his suit is charged.

"Careful, there. It's a limited edition." I tell him.

"Hey, uh, Ponytail Express. What's the mileage count between Tennessee and Miami?" Tony asks one of the guards.

"832 miles."

"Very nice." I tell him.

"I'm good like that." He tells me. The bleeding continues and the guard tries to turn it off.

"Can you, uh, stop that? Break it, you bought it." I tell him. He then turns to me, raising the watch up in front of him and snaps it in half.

"I think I bought it."

"Okay, that wasn't mine to give away. That belongs to our friend's sister." Tony says. A few minutes pass and still no sign of Tony's suit. "Trust me, you're gonna be in a puddle of blood on the ground in five, four, three... Come on! Two..."

"How did we get this shift?" The guard asks his other guard friend.

"All right, we're gonna give you a chance to escape. Put down your weapons. Tie yourselves to those chairs. We'll let you live." I tell them.

"In five, four, bang!" Tony interrupts, trying to get the count down right.

"Ooh! Wow. That was..." one of the guards fakes a look of terror and then laughs.

"You should be gone by now. You should've already been gone." Tony huffs out.

"I am just beyond terrified."

"Here it comes." I say, looking out the window, noticing part of his suit flying towards him.

"Shut up." One of the men tells me.

"Five, four, three, two, one!" Tony says quickly as his hand blaster connects to him and he blasts the two guards.

"Told you." I mutter out. "Where's the rest?"

"I don't know. It should be here." Then, as if on cue, more pieces begin to pile in and attach themselves to Tony. He breaks free from his restraints and then helps me with mine.

We head out in the hallway, passing multiple guards. I take down a few with a scissor kick and upper cuts. Then we come across one that just stops in front of us and puts up his hands in defeat.

"Honestly, I hate working here. They are so weird." We then continue out of the building. I hear grunts coming from Tony as the rest of his suit comes flying at him.

"Ah! Better late than never." Then he sees his mask coming towards him, "Not this time. Not the face." He then jumps out of the way and I leap up and catch it, handing it to Tony. He places it on his helmet.  "Phew! It's good to be back."

"You're welcome." I say.  He ignores me.

"Hello, by the way." Tony says to JARVIS.

"Oh, hello, sir."

"Good to hear your voice, buddy." I say to the AI.

"Good to be awake, Miss Stark." Then we hear alarms going off throughout the base.

"All personnel, Starks are loose and somewhere in the compound. Repeat, Starks are loose and somewhere in the compound."

"Ah! Let's go!" I tell Tony and he grabs onto me and we fly up into the air. We only make it a few feet before the thrusters start to misfire. "Aw, crap."

We fall to the ground and I let out a groan of pain, landing on my back. I slowly begin to get up and look up in the sky. I see the Iron Patriot suit flying up.

"Tony?" I hear Rhodey voice and see Tony on the phone with him.

"Rhodey, tell me that was you in the suit."

"No. You got yours?"

"Uh... Mmm." Tony trails off.

"Kind of." I say.

"Meet us in the main building." Tony tells him and he hangs up.

We make our way to back to the mansions entrance and we meet Rhodey. We barge in on the fake Mandarin again.

"What have you come as?" He asks.

"You make a move, and I break your face." Rhodey tells him, holding his collar and drawing back his fist.

"I never thought people had been hurt. They lied to me." Trevor says.

"This is the Mandarin?" Rhodey asks us.

"Yeah, I know, it's..." I trail off, not able to think of the proper words.

"It's embarrassing."

"Hi, Trevor. Trevor Slattery. I know I'm shorter in person. A bit smaller. Everyone says that. But, um, hey, if you're here to arrest me, there's some people I'd like to roll on."

"Here's how it works, Meryl Streep. You tell me where Pepper is and she'll stop doing it." Tony says to him.

"Doing what?" Trevor asks and I take an iron poker from the fire place and rest it in the fire a bit. Then remove it and press it into the actors arm. His skins sizzles at the touch.

"Hold on! I get it! Ow! That hurt. I get it! I get it!" I stop. "I don't know about any Pepper, but I know about the plan."

"Spill." I say through gritted teeth.

"Do you know what they did to my suit?" Rhodes asks.

"What? No. But I do know it's happening off the coast. Something to do with a big boat. I can take you there." Then he starts to chant along with the TV. "Ole', ole', ole', ole'..."

"Tony, I swear to God, I'm gonna blow his face off." Rhodes says to my brother.

"Oh, and this next bit may include the vice president as well. Is that... Is that important?" Trevor states.

"Somewhat." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, a little bit." Tony adds. "So?"

"What are we gonna do? I mean, we don't have any transport."

"Right." I hear Trevor pop open a bottle of beer, then get an idea. "Hey, Ringo. Didn't you say something about a lovely speedboat?"