eleven

don't talk to me like you know me,
talk to me like you love me

Sarah woke up, a tired feeling still drowning her head. nonetheless, she forced herself to get up and go into the kitchen to start making breakfast.

when she got there, however, John was already making food.

"are you kicking me out?" Sarah jokes, making John jump in surprise.

"God, Sarah, I didn't hear you come downstairs-" he says, exhaling in a bit of relief. "No, I'm not kicking you out," he laughs. he puts a few pancakes on a plate for her, and puts them on the kitchen island in front of her chair. "Tada!"

"Wow, you can cook, I'm impressed," she smiles, John rolling his eyes at her.

"I thought we could hang out today," he says.

"I thought we did that everyday?"

"No, I mean like," he runs a hand through his hair and makes a face while he thinks, which makes Sarah smile. "I mean just us. And we don't just hang around in the lounge like usual," he explains. "We could go out and do stuff together. Actually socialize and get to know each other better."

"Well, for one, we've been friends for like, six years, I'd be surprised if you didn't know everything about me," she says, taking a bite of food after. "And second, that sounds like a date."

John got a little bit quiet, his eyes darting away from Sarah's smirk.

"You're cute when you get flustered," she smiles.

"Well, maybe it is a date, huh?" he says.

"Then I'd be happy to go." she says, finishing her food and putting the plates in the sink, washing them off and washing her hands. "I'll go get dressed."

John didn't say a word as she walked away, but internally, he was flipping out.