Chapter Twelve: Take a Chance

Penelope whimpered softly, her hands nervously wrapping around Cesc’s neck while he cupped her face and deepened the kiss; she truly couldn’t believe that he was kissing her right now.

Cesc held Penelope close as they kissed, their lips moving in sync as he wondered what had taken him so long to hiss her; he couldn’t deny the feelings that had awoken inside of him now.

Penelope pulled away from Cesc, she blinked curious about what had brought this on; she swallowed wondering if he’d had a drink while she had been out on her date.

Cesc breathed heavily, he couldn’t believe that it had taken him eleven years to kiss her; he had denied himself for so long because he hadn’t thought that that she had ever felt the same.

“Cesc… what was that?” Penelope asked trying to calm herself, she didn’t want to believe that he was doing this to hurt her; it would break her heart if he was playing her.

Cesc swallowed taking a cautious step towards Penelope, he could see the confusion in her eyes; he hated that he had hurt her in the past and he wished to make things right.

“It was me doing something I should have done years ago,” Cesc said softly, he licked his lips unable to forget the feel of Penelope’s against his own; it was like nothing he had ever felt like that before.

Penelope stared at him, her heart pounding in her chest making her fell sick; she had no idea if this was a cruel joke but she wasn’t sure why Cesc was doing this.

Cesc carefully pulled Penelope to him, his brown eyes searched hers and he hated that she was suffering; he wished to take away her pain after years of not realising that he was in love with her.

Cesc kissed Penelope again slowly this time, his hands moving to rest on her hips; he couldn’t believe that he hadn’t realised any of this earlier.

***

Penelope laughed softly as she sipped on her glass of wine, she didn’t know who had finally knocked some sense into Cesc but it was slowly sinking in that this was really happening.

Cesc gently kissed Penelope again, he hadn’t been able to resist since he had started and he doubted that he would ever get enough of her; he drew Penelope close glad that he had taken Diego’s advice.

“Cesc,” Penelope whispered pulling back, she truly didn’t want this to end but she had no idea what was going on with him; he was acting out of character and it worried her.

Cesc brushed his fingers brush her hair, he knew that she was confused but he had explained things as best that he could; he couldn’t help himself after being a fool for eleven years.

“I want this Penny… I’ve been a complete idiot when it comes to you,” Cesc said watching her, he hated that it had taken him so long to realise that he was in love with her.

Cesc searched her face, he had wasted years of his life with Carla and then Daniella; they had both broken his heart and yet Penelope had remained by his side throughout both relationships.

Penelope closed her eyes for a moment, she didn’t know what to make all of this; she feared that she was only going to get hurt.

“Are you sure Cesc… if we do this then we can’t go back,” Penelope said softly, she opened her brown eyes and took a shaky breath; she had to be the voice of reason right now before they did anything more.

Cesc frowned, he didn’t want her to doubt his feelings but he could understand why she did; it had taken Cesc long enough to realise that he was in love with Penelope.

“Don’t talk like that,” Cesc murmured, he moved closer to Penelope and made her look at him; he wanted to make things work between them, he had wasted his time in the past and he didn’t want her to slip through his fingers.

“I have to… one of us has to talk sense right now,” Penelope said softly, she was warily about all of this and she hoped that she would make him see sense; she didn’t want to start anything only for Cesc to rip her heart out because he was on the rebound from Daniella.

“I’m happy to just be your best friend… you don’t have to force this,” Penelope said with a sad smile, she didn’t care about how this would make her feel; she wanted Cesc to be happy and she didn’t think that he would be if they got together.

Cesc glared at Penelope, he knew what she was doing and he didn’t like it; he hated that she was doubting him and he deserved it for taking his time to realise his own feelings.

“I want you Penny… I am so sorry for keeping you wanting,” Cesc murmured ducking down to kiss her, he hated that everyone else had realised that she was in love with him before he had.

Penelope wrapped her arms around Cesc’s neck, she brushed her fingers through his hair as Cesc drew her closer; she didn’t know why this was happening but she was tired of questioning it.

***

Cesc kicked Penelope’s bedroom door closed, he couldn’t keep his hands off her and he doubted that he would be able to pull himself away from her now that he had given in to his feelings.

“Cesc…” Penelope warned as he moved to remove her red crepe dress, she couldn’t believe that this was happening and they were both a little tipsy; she slapped Cesc’s hand away when he attempted again to get her out of her dress.

Cesc pouted looking at Penelope, he moved to wrap his arms around her; he wanted to spend the night with her.

“You’ve been drinking and so have I,” Penelope said allowing Cesc to draw her close, he kissed down her neck and nibbled knowing that he couldn’t believe that he was doing this with his best friend.

Penelope closed her eyes, she chewed on her lip wondering how this was all going to work out; she brushed her fingers through Cesc’s hair as he moved to kiss her on the lips.

“I still want this,” Cesc breathed moving towards the bed, he couldn’t help himself and he wanted to show Penelope how much he felt for her now.

Penelope groaned softly to herself, she had a feeling that she was going to regret this later on and she hoped that Cesc truly knew what he was doing; Cesc grinned realising that she wasn’t going to fight him on this.

Penelope slowly started to unbutton Cesc’s shirt, she didn’t see how one night would hurt and she was sure that Cesc would change his mind about all of this tomorrow.

Cesc quickly moved to help Penelope out of her dress, he grumbled at the sight of her deep red floral satin long-line bra and satin lace panties; he didn’t like the idea that she had worn them for her date with Zack.

“Are you sure about this?” Penelope asked pulling back from Cesc so that he could remove his jeans, she swallowed taking in the skin that had revealed so far; she couldn’t believe this was actually happening.

Cesc nodded his head before he kissed Penelope again, he wanted this more than anything and he didn’t think that he would be able to work away now.

Penelope pulled Cesc onto her bed, she would enjoy this while she could and she hoped that things would be okay between them when they woke up the next morning.

Cesc was everything that she had wanted for a very long time and Penelope couldn’t help but enjoy this.