Don't Leave

"Frank...I love you, I always have,"

Frank is so startled by Gerard's words that he can't even manage to reciprocate the words he's been waiting to hear for years. So he leans forward and firmly plants his lips on the older boys as a response. Gerard immediately leans into it and pulls Frank closer to him deepening the kiss desperately. He pushes Frank down onto the mattress and hovers over the younger boy taking a minute to admire his beauty this making Frank blush furiously. But he soon reconnects their lips in another passionate kiss before reaching down to tug at the hem of Frank's shirt...

"Ah!"

I get rudely awakened from my dream by the piercing sound of my phone ringing.

It's four in the morning, who's calling me right now?

I lean over to my bedside table and reach for my phone answering it with a groggy voice.

"Hello?"

"F-Frank?"

Gerard was on the other line with a shaky voice and a white noise in the background.

"Gerard? Why are you up? What's wrong- wait where are you?"

"I'm um, I'm outside,"

"Gee it's four in the morning why are you outside?"

"Frankie can... can I just come over?"

"Su-,"

My reply is cut off by Gerard screaming on the other end and the sound of a wave or something.

"Gee! What happened?"

"I'm fine some douche bag just splashed me with his car,"

And then it hits me that it's raining outside, something I hadn't noticed in my jolted awake state.

"Jesus, why didn't you tell me it was raining. Where are you I'll come and get you,"

Before I even finish the sentence I'm out of bed and on my way downstairs to get my car keys so I can go and get my best friend off of the streets.

"No, it's fine I can walk Frank," he tries to argue.

"I'm already in the car just tell me the street your on,"

And he does so and I make my way to find him. After about ten minutes of driving around in heavy rain, and just a generally bad storm I finally see Gerard standing on a dimly lit street corner trying to hide from the torrential downpour from the sky in a bus stop. I honk my horn to let him know that I've arrived and he quickly jumps in my car. I thought ahead and turned the heat all the way up and put towels in the passenger seat for him which he bundles himself in. On the way back to my house, there's not a word spoken as I'm focused on driving through the storm and Gerard is focused on drying off and warming himself up.

We pull back into my driveway and sprint for the door that I left unlocked to prevent the hassle of a key. When we get in I take Gerard to my bedroom where I toss a pair of dry clothes to him. Once he's changed we both sit down on the foot of my bed. 

"What happened Gee?"

He sniffles a bit and by now I could tell that the rain on his face was hiding the tears falling from his eyes.

"They hate me,"

"Who hates you?"

"My parents," he cries in the middle of his sentence trying to suppress the sounds to finish his thought, "they kicked me out,"

"What why?" I say completely startled as Frank had always had such a great relationship with his parents, one that even I envied at some points.

"Because..." his voice trails off.