Scn Maedhros "You'll freeze if you stay out here."

As one of Himring's healers and Maitimo's wife, you didn't hesitate in declaring that you will be accompanying them in the upcoming war. When you first declared this decision you were met with a less than impressed Maedhros.

There were few things the two of you used to argue over, but upon his return from Angband his moods changed, he was not the same lighthearted Ellon you met, but one more darkened in the mood. He attempted to push you away, saying he doesn't deserve you and that you're wasting your life by being with him; this hurt and it hurt badly. But even though that, you made it clear you're not going to leave his side and you hoped he was beginning to see that. But when you told him you'll be joining them as their healer, he immediately protested against it, saying it was far too dangerous and you could end up hurt if not killed. The more you held your ground and refused to back down, the angrier he got until he eventually bid you to do as you please and stormed off; you won, but at what cost?

You've been wondering that since he left and haven't stopped even as you made camp. Being unable to sleep, you sat down in front of the fire to think. The Ellon on the night watch relented and let you stay. He was currently observing an area further off so that left you to your own company.

You shivered violently for what must have been the hundredth time in the few hours you sat there. Winter was fast approaching and the night was cold, getting under your bones and leaving you in a struggle to warm yourself up. There were times like these that you cursed your human body and slightly envied the resilience of the elves.

You brought your arms around yourself and ducked your head in between your shoulders in an attempt to ward off some of the chills. You left your cloak in your tent, thinking it wasn't cold enough and was now regretting that decision.

All of a sudden you felt a large and thick fabric enclose your body, shielding you from the cold.

"You'll freeze if you stay out here." A familiar voice said disapprovingly.

You looked up to see Maedhros with an unhappy look on his face.

"Mae. What are you doing here?" You softly asked. You haven't spoken since your argument about a week back, so you were unsure of what to do.

"I came to see you in your tent, but you weren't there. One of the soldiers saw you head off in this direction so I came to search for you." You silently nodded at that explanation.

"Y/n" you looked up at him at the mention of your name. "I wanted to apologise for my actions. You've got to understand that I'm only trying to keep you safe and by you coming here, I can't guarantee that. It worries me greatly that I let you walk into the outskirts of a battlefield, even though I know that even if I locked you in your room and had guards stand outside, you would still find a way to escape." You both quietly laughed at that, knowing it was true. "I'm not going to send you back, no matter how much I feel like doing that. So at the very least, promise me that you will stay as far away from the main battle as possible, I'll feel slightly better knowing you're here. I'll be leaving a few guards behind to ensure everyone's safety in case of an attack. How do these conditions sound?

You smiled up at him and nodded "those sound reasonable enough, I promise to try a stay safe. "

Suddenly Maedhros drew you into his arms and pressed his nose into your hair.

"Valar, I missed you so much. Please come back to my tent, the longer I'm away from you, the more concerned I get about you." You nodded without hesitation.

"I missed you as well, but I was too proud to offer an apology for what I believe is the right cause. Can we put this behind us and just enjoy the few days we have together before you march out?"

In response, he gently kissed you and then picked you up and started walking towards his tent.

"We can, but first I'm bringing you inside before you make yourself sick in this freezing night."