s e v e n

— cody's pov —

The five freeway was light throughout car ride. Kike, Corey and me were in front following the rest of the guys that were behind us. We entered to meet Quinn, she was an intern working the main entrance.As Kike's car got closer to the parking lot, we met with Quinn.

"Hey guys" Quinn says as she arises from her chair

"Hey, the rest of the team are right behind us and we just wanted to tell you Cody's family is coming and he wanted to give them a tour before the game started" Kike explained

"Yeah that's fine. Could you give me their names just in case?" She asked

"Yeah um so you got Jennifer, Clay, and Sofia that's pretty much it"

"Alright. I'll tell them you're here" Quinn answered. She looked back at the rest of the guys

"Thanks Q" Kike said as he hit the gas pedal. As Kike excelerated so did the guys behind us.

We all park and headed to the main gate. The guys went to their lockers while me and Corey stayed behind.

"What are you going to show your family first?" Corey wondered as he looked at me

"First, I'm going to introduce them to the boys in blue. You guys are too cute to be last" I said

"Funny" Corey answers

"The last sentence was called being sarcastic man" I chuckle. "But no seriously, I've got to introduce them to the guys behind the bat"

"They're everything to you huh?"

"Absolutely. I wouldn't be here without them" I admit

"Can't wait to meet them" Corey gushes

— sofia's pov —

We were at the stop light when we were going to cross Vin Scully Ave. We had finally arrived to the main entrance to the ballpark of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Growing up in Arizona, mom and dad would take us to ballparks in our diapers. I'm not saying I remember this, mom told me a story about it the other day. It was the summer my family decided we headed to Phoenix. Apparently I was three and Cody was five. We went to Chase Fields to see the Arizona Diamondbacks to play against the Baltimore Orioles. Mom told me that the Diamondbacks had won the game. As we got older, Dad would play teeball with Cody while me and mom sat on the benches singing to I don't what seemed to be Madonna. By the age of ten, Cody and I understood baseball. When Cody and I were about in our early teens, dad would drive us to batting cages every Saturday. Ever since Cody first laid eyes on his first baseball game, you could see he enjoyed it. I remember one day he told mom he wanted to be a baseball player and play for the big leagues. It was so inspiring to see my brother by the age of twelve playing little leagues, I had the best times going to his games. We practically grew up on the fields. It was also cool when Cody got his drivers license, he would always invite me to go the batting cages with him. At the end of the day, my parents and I wanted to make Cody happy. And now to see his dream becoming a reality is just, I don't know words can't be described.

Dad slowed the car as we got near the parking lot. A young girl with blonde hair and emerald eyes approached the car.

"Hi, we are Cody Bellinger's family, could we go through? Dad asked

"Can I have your names first?" She answered

"Yeah sure I'm Clay, Jennifer and Sofia" Dad answered as he pointed at me in the back

"Those are the names" She nods

"Thank you. Do you know where the ticket booth is located, meaning what letter?" Dad asked

"Oh yeah. All you have to do is follow the blue line to your right and it will take you the letter "L" and that's it" She explained.

The girl let us pass. The parking was kind of weird. The parking lot seemed to curve and looked endless. Despite all the free parking available we were going to all the to the top. Cody said he'd meet us there. I get my phone and dial him again once more.

Author's Note

hey guys, i hope you guys are having it good and staying safe wherever you are in the world. It would really mean a lot of you could tell me about this chapter, feedback is always appreciated.