Chapter 41- Little Black Book

Cassandra's P.O.V

It's been three weeks since I've last seen Samantha at school. I keep forgetting she's not the same girl I once knew. She's a member of the Flower 6 now, except, they'll probably change the name to Flower 7, something dumb like that. She had everyone at school talking about her on the first day. I heard she played the damsel and caused a ruckus in art class. She surrounded herself with the hottest and most popular boys in school, just to make herself more popular.

That's a good game plan, using her brothers and their friends to win a popularity contest. She even went up to them at lunch, who does that?! I thought it would blow over but then she goes missing for weeks and didn't even show up at the biggest party of the year. Everybody's been gossiping like she's the hottest topic since Jacob ghosted Ashley after a fling.

Now, Ashley, the queen bee became so invested in Sam, she didn't even notice me. I've been doing everything and anything in my power to get on her good side but nothing seems to work. However, I have a plan to send her packing once and for all and finally get the respect I deserved. My life just kept getting better and better. Melissa's mom married my dad so now we're a family and she thought it'd be okay to get all sisterly with me.

I took up my phone and dialed a number that I knew would come through for me. This was going to change the game and the balance of how everything was supposed to go.

________________________________________

Melissa's P.O.V

"Excuse me, Cass, have you seen the cherry lip-gloss that you borrowed?" I asked her, she was on the phone but all I needed was a quick yes or no. She didn't respond, she was pretending to ignore me, "Have you?"

"Bitch, can't you see I'm on the fucking phone, are you blind or what??"

Her words sent a surge of pain through my chest; she was my stepsister and I hadn't asked for any of this. I was willing to look past her hatred towards me. I would never complain about the way she was, my mom was happy and my stepdad was nice. He cared a lot about my mom and I don't wanna ruin that. My mom was in an abusive relationship with my dad all so I would be safe and got everything I needed. If I can contribute to her happiness, I will. Even if that means my stepsister will hate me.

A couple of weeks ago, when we were on vacation and Samantha invited Cass on vacation with her, she only bargained for me to come because her dad wanted us to bond some more and mom thought it would be a good idea too. Besides, my mom and stepdad, Lucas, were going on a delayed honeymoon. I could never deny them that so I acted as if I was okay with going.

Lucas and mom met at school. Cass, Sam and I were in the same class back in middle school. Back then, Cass and Sam were the best of friends and me... I was a nobody. After Sam moved, Cass just changed. She hurt everyone, every chance she got. I was always getting bullied for everything I owned. One Parent Teachers Meeting, my mom ran into Cass's dad and they started dating. They got married and my bully became my stepsister.

I'd often compare my life to that of Cinderella's. She had two evil stepsisters, I had one. Her stepmother was evil too. Now that I think about it, I had life good. My stepfather my nice to me and he was a way good listener than my dad ever was. I finally felt like I had a dad. Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters made her life a living hell, one has never thought shed escape but she did. That's the one true difference. I'd never escape my hell called Cassandra Davidson.

I sat in my room, my knees up to my chest, and as cliché and dumb as it may seem, I cried. I cried because this was my life and this was no Cinderella story, there was no Prince Charming and as much as I sounded like a sadistic bitch, there was no happy ending. You don't always get everything you want. I surely didn't.