𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

the beige, retro, alarm clock that sat on the white bedside table read 7:21am.

felix could guess it was going to be one of those cloudy days again, judging by the dim, drowsy light that flooded the room through the large window.

he sighed.

it was those white against grey marbled skies, that made felix feel most at ease. the sun not being bright enough to seep it's light through the thick clouds like it deserved to.

the dense fog that weighed down the visibility was a calming sight to wake up to, he decided. the soft pattering sound of what he recognized as rain against the roof of their home served an equally calming noise.

except the noise then started to become borderline bothersome after a while. the gentle pattering of the rain started to sound like a harsh thudding, and the room started to look dimmer, and darker than before.

only fidgeting slightly, he realized he was trapped in a warm, milky pair of arms. the comforting smell of the nightly, citrusy, mist chan insisted on spraying lightly on himself drifted towards felix's nose, and he noticed that cloth clad legs were intertwined with his own bare ones. then, a steady heart beat against his back to match his own.

suddenly, the pristine white sheets he laid on felt uncomfortably cold, the fluffy comforter that covered his socked feet felt suffocating, and the skin stretching across his bones felt too tight. the arms that encased felix's smaller body felt too snug against his ribs, and—

he felt like he wasn't breathing life in anymore, only fire and smoke.

//