𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭

//

it was days like these, white against grey marbled skies, that made his mind feel most at chaos.

those warm limbs that hugged him, all of the sudden gripped him tighter now.

"good morning, angel."

along with the gentle greeting, it brought a tiny peck on the crook of his neck. soft lips caressing the dotted, contrasting marks on his skin.

even then, that warm timbre seemed to summon a single tear upon his face, letting it cascade down the right side of the smooth skin, seeping through the thin pillow case.

"good morning, hyung."

his shaky voice broke the still atmosphere of the room. he felt his bottom lip wobble, as much as he didn't want it to. desperately, a row of ivory clamped down on the plush skin of his lip to stop the whimpers from escaping, to try and grasp that small bit of control that he had left.

felix was definitely not about to break out in cries this early in the morning and ruin a potentially good day.

(but it was already ruined.)

and then those warm, welcoming arms separated from his body. they slid out from underneath his arms, and the hands that belonged to his boyfriend now moved to splay across the small span of his hips, effectively turning felix around to face the only source of constant light these days.

now it was chan's turn to sigh.

not out of frustration, not out of anger, but out of desperation. as his own hazy, morning dazed eyes flickered across the dancer's face, chan could already tell that his angel wouldn't be having the best of days. the demons in his head being too dark for the usually vibrant boy to shine over, too dark for the light to be able to glimmer through his cloudy eyes.

what chan wanted most these days was for the monsters that roamed felix's mind to leave his lover alone.

(he had wished upon every star in the sky.)

"baby, can you open those pretty eyes for me ?"

damp eyelashes fluttered open and even during these moments of sadness, felix still radiated beauty. teeth firmly clamped over the pillowy, coral-tinted lips he loved to kiss, containing every slight cry his body wanted to let loose. with one lightly calloused finger, chan gently pried felix's bottom lip away from under it's capture. he observed the way felix then gently let out a soft, shuddered gasp. biting his lip again before quickly letting go of those short breaths that were held in.

"it's alright, darling, you're safe here with me."

felix only started to cry harder.

"you're allowed to let go, baby."

chan whispered.

fin.