Gibberish

"We have landed in New York, the time now is 12:20 in the morning, an hour later than it is in Missouri. The temperature outside is about 31°F, so prepare to feel chilly. Once again, thank you for taking American Airlines, welcome to New York, and have a nice trip."

I took my purse and got off the plane along with other passengers. It was chilly, so I put on a hoodie and texted my parents that I have arrived, then I texted Mrs Parker. I have never been close with Mrs Parker before, so I felt weird about texting her at 12:30 in the morning, but she was a close friend of my mom's, so I guess it was fine. I immediately got a text back from her saying she was already outside waiting for me, which made me feel better about texting her so late, but at the same time a rush to hurry up and not have her wait too long. I immediately picked up my bags and went to the arrivals and tried to spot her. I barely remember what she looks like, but her bright red hair made it extremely easy to recognise. I saw her at the far end, so I pushed my trolley as quick as I could and rushed over to her.

"Hey...Mrs. Parker...thank you so much for picking me up this late at night, and thank you for letting me stay at your home!" I thanked her. She grinned at me and told me it was no big deal, and said some other stuff as well, but all I really heard was "Peter's really excited to see you too, he's been asking me when you would be coming since last week. I guess he had never forgotten you, his childhood friend." She proceeded to carry my bags, but I insisted on carrying them myself. I kept thinking about Peter. Was he really excited to see me? Well, I know I am excited to see him. I thought he might pick me up with Mrs Parker, but it was midnight, and he probably has to wake up early for school tomorrow.

Mrs Parker told me where her car was parked, and went to pay the parking ticket. I went over to the car by myself, opened the trunk and put my luggage inside. I closed it and went to sit in the back, but I opened the door and a cute boy was asleep in it, eyes closed, his dark messy hair falling between his eyebrows, headphones on, and the big hoodie he was wearing made him look tiny and cute...I couldn't describe him with a word other than attractive.

Was that Peter? The Peter Parker I used to have a crush on? Is that him? I was afraid to wake him up, so I closed the car door. Turns out he wasn't sound asleep, and that was enough to wake him up. He looked at me and smiled awkwardly, but his eyes were beautiful... they were a gorgeous light brown, and I immediately got lost in them. I stared at him and realised I was staring, so I immediately said sorry as to not seem rude. However, all that came out of my mouth was gibberish. I couldn't really say a word until he said to me, "Hey! I haven't seen you in so long!" His voice was sweet and filled of excitement, despite just being woken up by me. I smiled fondly and replied, "Yea, haven't seen you in...so long."

Then there was a moment of awkward silence as I waited for him to say something, and him waiting for me to start a conversation. Neither of us said anything until Mrs Parker climbed onto the car and said, "Wow, that parking lady sure is rude. Now, Elizabeth! Buckle up, time to go home." I chucked and said thanks to Mrs Parker, and she told me to call her Aunt May instead. It was a "more friendly form of address".

I didn't speak to Peter during the whole car ride, but I really wanted to. And when I finally had the courage to speak to him, he was asleep, so I let him be. Plus I didn't want him to listen to me speak gibberish in front of him again. It was weird, because he was so cute, and I wasn't used to talking to cute boys... Soon I fell asleep too because there was nothing else to do on the car, and it was very late. When we arrived at their apartment, they showed me to my room, which was apparently Peter's room, which had bunk beds. I was embarrassed about sharing a room with a cute 17 year old boy, worried about having minor inconveniences, but it was only 2 months. Plus, it could instead bring major conveniences, too...

Anyway, Peter was obviously tired, so he went to bed as I unpacked my stuff, using a little torchlight beside my bed. I opened the closet to find a bunch of hoodies, which was probably Peter's since they had a nice smell. Soon, I found myself sniffing some of them. I was afraid Peter would wake up, so I quickly found a cabinet that wasn't already packed and I put my clothes in there. I took out my shower products and my towels, some other important stuff, and left the rest in the luggage. I put my phone to charge as I grabbed my pyjamas and went to shower.

Aunt May was still awake on the couch, watching the news. She brought me into the toilet and showed me how the faucets work, making me feel welcomed. She told me that she had to work tomorrow morning, and Peter applied for summer school this year, so I could either go with him or stay at home. She said it was my decision and I should just tell Peter tomorrow if I wanted to go with him. I thanked her and went into the bathroom.

After a nice relaxing shower, I wanted to keep packing, but I was tired, so I decided to sleep. I set an alarm for tomorrow morning, and decided to ask Peter about going to school with him tomorrow.