𝐓𝐖𝐎. lunch break

𝘓𝘜𝘕𝘊𝘏 𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘒.

The next time that Steve worked, Robin did not

The next time that Steve worked, Robin did not. It was a rare occurrence for them to not be together at the video store, but she had a date that afternoon with a girl she really liked.

And none other than Rowan Rodriguez was there to cover her shift.

For the most part, the two boys were basked in silence. Rowan seemed to be zoning out more than normal, made obvious by the way he would place DVD cases upside down or in the wrong section completely. Steve tried not to laugh when he found a Rated R movie on the kids' cartoon shelf.

Their lunch break couldn't come soon enough, but when it did Steve was happy to lock the store up and practically skip to the employees' break room, where his cold McDonald's was waiting.

He had almost forgot Rowan was there until he opened the door, practically throwing himself into the seat opposite of him with a Burger King bag. Once again they sat in silence, Rowan focusing on his burger and the magazine before him.

Steve tried to mind his business, and stare down at his fries, but it didn't work out much. He found his gaze always returning Rowan. He stared at his curly hair, his brown eyes, his lips– Steve quickly shook the thought away in embarrassment, especially when the boy in questioned glanced over to him.

"Yeah?" Rowan genuinely asked, wondering if he had some ketchup on his cheek or something.

"U-Uh, I," Steve considered to stutter for a few moments, stumbling upon his words before settling upon one conclusion. "I like your outfit!"

The latino boy looked down to his Family Video uniform in confusion, but tried not to think about it too hard. "Thanks? I like yours too."

Steve found himself a blushing, love stricken mess the rest of the day.