𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. strategize

𝘚𝘛𝘙𝘈𝘛𝘌𝘎𝘐𝘡𝘌.

The next day, Steve could not stop fidgeting

The next day, Steve could not stop fidgeting. He sat behind the front counter, tapping his fingers against the marble until Robin finally snapped. She forced the magazine she held shut, throwing it next to her feet on the counter.

"What is up with you, Harrington?" She sighed, before looking at her watch. "We've only been here for an hour."

Steve inhaled deeply, before turning to her with determination. "How do I confess to Rowan? I can't figure it out for the life of me."

Robin raised an eyebrow, her freckles stretching. "How did you ask Nancy Wheeler out? It's just like that, the fact that Rowan's a guy doesn't make it any different."

Steve's face immediately fell. He didn't need to scour his memories for the answer to her question, because he knew the search wouldn't be fulfilled. "I didn't ask her out. It just... happened."

She frowned, resisting the urge to slam her face against a wall. The conversation fell short and both of their gazes fell upon Rowan, who was stocking the candy shelf halfway across the small store. Steve looked away from him with a blush, but Robin stared as hard as she could.

She stared and she stared, until a light flashed in her head.

"I have an idea!"