𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. finding identities

𝘍𝘐𝘕𝘋𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘐𝘋𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘐𝘛𝘐𝘌𝘚.

After everything was all set up, Robin declared that she was bored beyond belief and pushed Rowan aside in order to take over his duties

After everything was all set up, Robin declared that she was bored beyond belief and pushed Rowan aside in order to take over his duties. He didn't necessarily mind much, but was simply confused by the sudden excitement vibrating about her usual cool persona.

"Rowan!" Steve cheered, bounding up next. He held out his hand in invitation and pointed to one of the more remote corners of the rental shop. "There's something you need to see!"

It didn't take much convincing for Rowan to oblige. It's not like a manager was on shift to yell at him, and it's not like they would have any customers to berate him either. So he followed Steve to the corner, where he gestured to the shelf of DVD's nervously.

Rowan blinked once. Then he blinked twice.

"You arranged them so they make a rainbow," Rowan finally hummed. Steve nodded excitedly with an expectant gaze. And Rowan recognized that look. "Are you gay?"

Steve blushed, looking out the large window of Family Video. "Well, I don't know. I still think girls are... y'know. But there's also this boy I have a crush on. And—"

"Hm, well you could be bisexual? Or pansexual? Maybe something else. It just takes a little exploring, and I'm happy to help," Rowan explained softly, placing a hand on his arm. He felt the redness in his cheeks rise steadily, and he gulped nervously.

"Okay, okay, sounds good." He breathed deeply, looking over the shelf to Robin who tried her best to eavesdrop. She made eye contact with him, and gave him a supportive thumbs up. He nodded, suddenly flooded with determination. "Hey, Ro? You know that boy I have a crush on?"

"Yeah?" He responded, still staring at the rainbow that Steve had made (he didn't have the heart to tell him that yellow came after orange, not before...). "There's nothing wrong with—"

"It's you!" He shouted perhaps a bit too loud. Rowan froze just as he had the night before, blinking rapidly. "I just think you're really cool, and you kinda have that mysterious vibe around you! And- and—"

"This is coming from Steve Harrington?" He suddenly chuckled. "Man, you were serious about making my life better, huh?"

"Yeah," he confirmed breathlessly, "I was."

"Okay, then, Steve. I'll be your boyfriend."

The statement overjoyed him, and he couldn't help but embrace the other boy in a rough hug as he whooped, Robin politely clapping on his success. A new chapter began in that empty, little video store.