Chapter one

Nico's pov
~~~~~~~~
As I walked away from Percy and Annabeth, I felt my courage drain away. Will Solace stood at the door of the infirmary waiting for me. His head slightly tilted as if he were examining me. His blonde surfer hair had fallen in front of his eyes. My fingers itched to brush it out of the way so I could see his clear, blue eyes.

"So, Death Boy, the three days start now" Will declared, smirking. The butterflies woke up and I couldn't think straight. Three days. With Will Solace. Who I totally didn't even like. He was obnoxious and had the worst nicknames in the world. Plus he was straight and I did not want to go down that road again.

"Whatever, Solace" I scowled and shuffled into the infirmary. Will's smirk evolved into a full smile as he followed me inside. I kept walking, glancing at the patients that were still here after the war with Gaea. In the main room there were a few kids with broken bones and some with patched up stab wounds. But everyone seemed to be healing well and I couldn't sense death anytime soon. Will must be doing a good job.

"You have no idea where you are going do you?" Will chuckled at me.

"Yes I do" I scowled at him, but I could feel the corners of my mouth quirk up. Weird, that never happens. I decided to walk down the hallway at the back of the main room. I had no idea where I was. I decided to open the third door on my left.

"That's a broom closet" Will stated. I turned to look at him and felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. The taller boy laughed and grabbed my hand, making my cheeks heat up so much I could probably burn someone with them.

Will led me a few doors down on the right and opened the door

"Voila" he said with a exaggerated gesture of the arm that wasn't holding my hand. "Your own room"

"I don't need this, I'm fine" I complained as he pulled me in and forced me to the bed.

"Sit" he commanded. Reluctantly I sat down. He let go of my hand, which immediately felt cold and I missed his warmth.

"Good boy" he grinned.

"I am not a dog, Solace." I said angrily. The bed felt like cardboard and was freezing cold. I observed the room to see only a small table beside the bed, and a window on the opposite side of the room. Three days in the cold, unwelcoming room did not seem like fun. Not even remotely enjoyable.

I turned to Will. "Is there something you need me to do? I can't sit in here. I'll die of boredom."

Will frowned. Oh no what did I do? Why would he want me doing something. I'll just screw it up. Then again why am I here to begin with? I'm not injured like all the others, he should be with them not me.

"Actually" Will walked towards the door. "Come with me, I do have something for you"

-----------------------------------