Chapter 19

When I wake up I see a rose and note. I rub the sleep from my eyes. On the note is beautiful neat handwriting.

Erik.

I run my fingers over the words.

Angel,

You're taking the week off. You already sing and dance like an angel. Practice is for those incompetent fools.

I smirked.

Today. You will get dressed, eat breakfast, pack a bag and head for my Lair.

I don't want any complaints. Just do as I ask. It will all be worth it dear.

The final show is in two weeks. You'll be gone this week and next week will be your refresher. Than you will enchant the world with my music and your voice.

Bright things are ahead my dear. Bright things indeed.

All my love, Erik

I stood changing from my night gown into a simple pink gown. I pinned my hair up. I took the letter stuffing it into my pockets. I stopped by the manager's office.

"Monsieur?"

"Miss Thomas" he greeted. He was writing something on a sheet of paper and he looked exhausted.

"Did you hear sir? About me taking the week off?"

"Yes. I received a letter from the Phantom. Threatening my life I didn't follow his instructions. We'll you next week"

I nodded walking to breakfast. Antoinette was sitting with Alex today. I was alone.

She came and greeted me good morning. I let her read Erik's letter. She smiled and gripped me in a hug before I left.

Before I left she whispered into my ear, "Use Protection"

I snorted, then playfully slapped her shoulder.

"How dare you assume such things?"

"He's whisking you Away for week, probably somewhere secluded, what else are you going to do? Go on long walks at night."

I giggled, but there was a fear in my heart. Was that why Erik was taking me away. For a romantic night of passion?! Was I even ready for that?!

I said my goodbyes and packed a bag, full of dresses, some skirts, and extra shirts.

I opened my mirror, shutting it tightly before making my way to Erik's. A little slowly. I was so nervous that he would take advantage of me.

I knew he wouldn't hurt me. But this fear made its home in me. I got a hold of myself. Calming down.

I made my way to his home.

I plopped down on his divan. He wasn't anywhere in sight. Odd.

I folded my hands in my lap. I rested my head back, closing my eyes to rest.

I must've fallen asleep because I was woken up by a hand on my cheek, and lips on my own.

"Ahh! Get off me!" I reeled back.

"Sorry" he chuckled. He picked up my bag leading me outside. He waved down a carriage, throwing the bags in. I climbed in.

He came to sit beside me, I scooted way from him.

"Are you alright dearest?"

I nodded shakily, folding my hands to keep them from trembling.

I scooted closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

My heart must've been racing so fast, I could hear it pounding in my ears.

"Are you sure you're alright? You're heart is really loud"

"Uh, huh. I'm fine"

"Maybe I can relax you. He pressed a kiss to my temple, making me more nervous. I tried my best to calm down, but my nerves were getting the best of me.

He kissed on my neck, sucking, licking, biting.

I must've been shaking. I tried not to move or ask him to stop, my fear of him hurting me taking over.

Why was I so scared. Jesus, get a grip Clara.

I relaxed a little in his arms. A hand tucked under my chin and I tried to fall asleep.

"Dearest what's wrong? You've barely said a word." He whispered.

"I'm just nervous"

"Why?"

"What if. What if. What if we do IT?"

His head snapped up, "THAT?"

I nodded fearfully. Then we both blushed furiously.

"Dearest I wouldn't do that without your permission."

"I know. But if we did, what if I'm not good enough? What if you don't like me?"

"Angel, you're perfect. I wouldn't care what it was you'll always be good enough. No you're better than that. And you're right I don't like you"

"What?!" I cried. He silenced me with his finger.

"I don't like you. I love you. I'll never do anything without your permission. And if it happens, I will be the most gentle person you've ever met. I'm sure it will be a good time. I didn't bring you out here for that."

My eyes flashed and they locked on his.

"Really?"

"Really."

I moved forward slowly, pushing our lips together.

"I love you" he whispered against me.

"I love you too"

He held me in his arms, occasionally showering me in kisses, for the rest of the ride.