Chapter 22

The Next Day and Clara's POV

I was sitting on the couch, reading the newest book I had found in the library. Sherlock Holmes, A Study in Scarlett.

My brows furrowed, following the story of Dr. John Watson and his apathetic friend Sherlock Holmes. I was intrigued by many of the details of Holmes.

I looked to see Erik with a sketch pad and charcoal pencil drawing. He looked up at me, and smirked. He had not been wearing his mask to my delight. His shirt showed part of his chest. I smirked at him, returning to my book.

"What are you drawing?" I asked curiosity hinting in my voice.

"The most beautiful woman in the world."

I chuckled, turning the page. "What are you reading?" He asked.

"Sherlock Holmes."

"Ahh. A very good series. Holmes is a rather intriguing character isn't he."

I loved that Erik could talk literature with me. It was good that we weren't like other couples, screwing each other silly until we were sick of each other. Though I suppose he would say he could never be sick of me.

"Yes. That he is. You remind me of him a little I suppose."

"How so?"

"Well you're both rather mysterious. And intelligent, you make good conversation, you're musicians, and I think Holmes is rather sexy."

"You think I'm sexy?" He asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes I suppose so"

He smirked triumphantly. Then there was a long pause before his next question.

"What about me is sexy?"

I chuckled at his questions.

I stood from the divan, walking around the room over to him answering his question. "Well there's your outstanding musical ability"

He made a 'hmmh' sound.

I removed the clip in my hair, letting my curls fall behind me. I fluffed out the outer layers of my dark green dress.

"You're so intelligent".

"Go on" he smirked.

I stood before him. He didn't look at me, continuing to draw and sketch.

"You're a rather good cook" I leaned forward pushing the sketch pad down and leaning over his legs.

He looked at me, putting the sketch pad on the end table next to him.

I took his hands pulling him up into my arms.

I walked us to an empty part of the room. I placed his hand on my hip, while mine held his shoulder. We danced to an invisible melody.

"You're an exquisite dancer"

He twirled me, spinning me out, and back into his hands.