~Chapter 5~

Zira came out of the water, panting from the long, and tiring struggle of staying in the ravine that came on the day that her son and Kiara stopped of the bitter rivalry between the Outsiders and the Pridelanders. 

Although the lioness still couldn't believe that her entire pride left her , due to the shocking and revealing true self as they joined the other lionesses. 

"I can't absolutely believe that they betray me, their leader! I was the one who cared for them, they were banished by Simba!" She said. 

The lioness looked around of her surroundings, as she realizes that she was on uncharted territory, not at near the Pridelands or in the Outlands. 

With curiosity, she began to scouter around, hopefully to see if there would be other lions or maybe a pride she can join into. 

The lioness took a deep breath, as she found a water puddle to drink . 

The lioness was minding her own business when she saw a refection of a male lion. 

"You are not from here, aren't you?" 

The male lion has a brown-light fur coat, and his mane was similar to Kovu's mane. 

"So, what if I am?"

"Well, you can stay in my pride. Follow me." 

The lioness was in total confusion as she follows the mysterious lion to his pride. 

Kion and Vitani were muzzling each other's comfort as Kion suddenly clears his throat . 

Vitani was curious about his sudden reaction, "Kion, what's wrong?"

The red lion replied, "It's nothing." 

"Kion. " The lioness said, looking at the former leader of the Lion Guard. 

"It's just things are weird for me, and having seeing everyone change, I ... I need to go." He said, as Vitani said, looking sad. 

"Kion, please, don't leave again." She said. 

The red lion looked at Vitani's blue eyes, as he was unsure of what to say to her. 

Suddenly, Makini appears before him! 

"And where are you going, Kion?" She said, which makes Kion stutter, "Um.. nowhere at the moment. " 

The royal Mjuzi grinned as she pulls Kion's tail, "C'mon! You and Vitani have to see this!" 

The mandrill laughs as Vitani walks up to the young lion, "Do you have any idea what is going on with Makini?"

Kion shook his head, "I have no idea of what she has planned for us. " 

The royal Mjuzi yells from the cliff with a vine attached to her, "You have to follow me if you want to find out! 

Follow me if you can!" 

Vitani jumps as she said, "Kion, com'on, let's follow her!" 

Both lions followed the young mandrill as they stopped in their tracks in pure confusion as Kion asks, "Uh, Makini? What is this place?"

"Well, it's a special place in your heart, it's called, "Upendi." 

The more Kion realizes the feeling he had , it was more of something he never thought of having: Love.

Vitani smiles as she and Kion walked back to Pride Rock. 

Kion beams at her, as if this was meant to be. 

The lions take a last look at one other, as Kion and Vitani muzzle each other , "Goodnight, Kion." 

"Goodnight, Vitani." Kion said, as he watches her walk inside the den, as someone coughs as Kion jumped in total surprise. 

He turns around to see it was Bunga. "B-Bunga! How long you been standing there?"

The honey badger said, "Oh, I been watching the both of you for a while. I have to admit, I never thought of you being so romantic , Kion." 

The lion said, to his best friend, "Awe, you watched everything?!? Geez, Bunga , that's so uncool and so embarrassing! 

I thought that you were in the Hakuna Matata Falls with Timon and Pumbaa. " 

"Well, I got bored and Uncle Pumbaa farted again, so the Guard had to retreat from the smell." Bunga explains which Kion slaps his paw. 

"Seriously? I can't believe this." Kion said, groaning of Pumbaa's actions. 

Kion said, "Well, I have to go. We have the whole day to patrol tomorrow, and Kovu is joining us, since he's the King of Pride Rock." 

"So, you can trust him now, even if you fell in love with his sister?" The honey badger asks, as Kion's cheeks blushed furiously. 

"Bye, Bunga!" The lion yelled as he went back to the den. 

Zira continues following the mysterious lion, as they stopped to see his own pride. It was full of lionesses and one of them approach her. 

"You are welcome here. I am Atiena, I am the leader of the Nightfall Pride. I see that you met one of my male lions, Jata.

Jata nods, "Atiena is a wise lioness and a proud leader. You will adapt our ways sooner or later. Do you have a name or we can rename you if you prefer?"

"My name is Zira. I am a lone lioness now. I have no pride now, and no one to trust ." She said, bitterly. 

Atiena smiles , "Zira, you are so similar to Jata when he first came to me. He has no family either, but now he now know that Nightfall Pride is family. We care for the great Circle of life, and we help each other through it all. " 

"You accept me , even if I am a total stranger? " Zira asks Atiena. 

"Yes, we help any lion in need. Zira, welcome to our family." Atiena said beaming at her as Zira was dumbfound of how kind Atiena was. 

It took a couple of days for Zira to adjust her new pride. After a while, she enjoyed herself as she helps her fellow lions to hunt since she's a trained huntress and the cubs adored her. 

That was when Jata and Zira became mates and Zira gave birth to a girl cub named , Afua.

"Mama, where we going today?" Afua asks curiously. 

"We're going to visit the Pridelands, Afua. I want you to meet someone important." Zira said, to hopefully to meet Vitani and the Outsiders.