~Chapter 8~

It took a couple of days for Afua and the rest of the Nightfall Pride to be accustomed to the Pridelands. 

As for Vitani , she and Zira finally got to bond as Mother and daughter and Afua adores Kion and hopes to be a leader just like him someday. 

"I hope that I can lead my own Lion Guard , just like Kion! " Afua exclaimed as Kovu chuckles at her. 

The black lion puts his paw at the lion cub, "Afua, it's not like you just want to become a leader of the Lion Guard, just like that. It takes a lot of responsibilities to do so. " 

Kiara came up to her mate as Kovu notices his mate's concern. "Kiara, what is it?"

The Queen of the Pridelands turns to her mate, "I think that Kion and Vitani had fallen in love with each other, Kovu." 

The black lion was amazed by the lioness's revelation that Kion had feelings for his big sister. 

"That's great! Why you look so upset, Kiara? This is a great news, I can't wait to tell Simba and Nala the good news!" The black lion said, as he begins to walk away, but the lioness said, "But that means that Vitani's cub will have the mark of the Lion Guard, and Kion will lose the Roar. That is what Rafiki told me." 

Kovu's face were dumbstruck of that, as knowing that Kion really cares about the Lion Guard , and the Circle of Life to defend it. 

"Should we at least tell Kion about passing the Roar to his child at least? " Kovu asks his mate, as she shook her head, "No, not yet. Kion just arrived back to the Pridelands after being away for so long. He shouldn't be worried about Vitani and her cub." 

Kovu was skeptical at Kiara's decision about keeping what lies in store for his brother-in-law, but he knew that Kion would have to discover that reality on his own terms.

"Ok, if that is what you wanted, I wouldn't say a word. Does Makani know about this too?"

The Royal Mjuzi came forward, "Yeah, I known it all along since Kion returned to the Pridelands. I know it's kind of selfish of me of keeping all of this a secret. " 

"It's not your fault, Makani. You were just trying to look out for the next part of the great Circle of Life, there is no shame in that." Kovu reassures the mandrill with a soft voice, as she smiles at the King. 

"Asante, Kovu. " The mandrill said. 

The mandrill leaves the royal couple as Fuli looks at them. "Did I interrupt something?"

"It's nothing. Is there something you need, Fuli?" Kiara asks the cheetah. 

"Well, I was wondering of where Kion is. " She said, which Kovu and Kiara was curious too. 

"We haven't seen Kion lately since Zira and the Nightfall Pride came along. Is something wrong?"

"I will see him right now." Kovu said. 

The black lion got out of the den to search for the young red lion. 

To his surprise, he was talking to Atiena. 

"You really going? Aren't you going to tell Zira about this?" He asks her. 

"Afua will take my place as the new Queen of the Nightfall Pride. Ever since she came into the Pride, it was chosen by the Great Lions of the Past ." 

"I see. So, you want me to be her royal Mjuzi like Makani is to Kiara?" Kion asks her in total respect. 

"Yes, in some way. I will be joining the Great Circle of life . It's almost time. Please, Kion as a last request summon her to me. " 

"As you wish. " Kion said, as Kovu follows the lion as Kion took a deep breath, "Oh, boy. Me, helping a queen. It's a big responsibility." 

He walks to Afua, "Afua, Atiena wants to see you right away." 

The cub was curious of why , as both lions walk to Atiena. 

"Afua, there is something I want to tell you, but you can't tell the Pride yet. You will the Queen and leader of the Nightfall Pride." 

"No, Atiena, I.. I. I'm not ready! Please don't leave." She pleads the old lioness. 

"Afua, you wouldn't be alone. Your mother and father would guide you, along with Kiara and Kovu by your side. You are ready." Atiena said, softly as the lioness took her final breath as she dies peacefully. 

Afua walks over to the newly deceased lion as she said, "Asante, Atiena. I'll make you proud." 

She walks away as she cries over the leader and Queen of the Nightfall Pride. Kion walks over, "Afua.." 

"Kion, I'm scared to tell them. What shall I do now?" She asks. 

"Afua, it's going to be fine. You'll be a great leader of the Nightfall Pride. " 

"I can't believe it. Afua, you should tell Mother about this." A voice said as Kion and Afua jumped as Kovu appears before them. 

"Kovu? Were you listening to that?" Afua asks nervously. 

"What you doing here, Kovu? " Kion asks his brother in law. 

Kovu said, "I was looking for you, apparently, Kion. We need to talk alone. Afua, can you give us a moment alone?"

The newly crown queen nods as Afua runs from the two lions as Kion and Kovu exchange looks at each other before they could talk to one other. 

AN: 

Ok, now knowing that Kion and Vitani will have a child in the near future of this story, what you want their child to be, boy or girl?

Comment below and suggest the name for the child. 

Do you think Afua has what it takes to be a leader like her family?