✰ 0.8 ✰

"she broke my heart."

i listened intently to his story. he was in love with her, and then one day, he saw her kissing somebody else.

"i realy didn't know what to do. she hurt me so much."

"i'm so sorry," i murmer. i want to touch his hand, but then i remember he likes someone else.

"that's why i'm scared to love anyone, or even have a crush. i just... don't want to get hurt all over again."

"what about the girl you like now?" i ask softly.

"i don't know... what should i do, stargirl?"

"i think you should tell her how you feel. if she rejects you, then you deserve so much better. just go for it, starboy. you never know." my heart felt like bullets were being shot through it. i was giving the boy i liked advice on his crush; his crush that wasn't me.

"should i?"

"you really should." i try to hide the sadness in my voice.

"thank you, stargirl," he murmers softly.

"anytime," i whisper.

"i-i have to go," i say.

"okay."

i get up and leave, tears trickling down my face.

✰ ✰ ✰

"eunhwa~ what's wrong?" dongpyo asks, tugging on my backpack strap. "you've been so sad this whole day!"

"haha, it's nothing!"

"really? are you sure?" he tugs on the strap again.

"really. i'm fine, dongpyo." i smile at him.

"okay... if you say so. you know you can tell me, right?"

"of course. thank you for worrying." i blow him a kiss and he winks at me as we walk into our complexes.

i change out of my uniform and then go up to hyeongjun's complex. just thinking about that idiot gets me irritated.

i take the elevator up and knock on his door. he opens right away. i don't know if i'm imagining it... but does he look happy to see me???

"um... let's work on the project," i say.

he nods and leads me to his room.

once again, he sits on his bed and i use his desk. we work peacefully until he calls my name.

"eunhwa," he grunts.

"hm?"

he was just looking at me, straight into my eyes.

"what did you call me for?"

he still didn't say anything. he was just staring at me, with those big, puppylike, eyes.

and then...

i'm not sure what happened...

but i swear...

that i felt my heart beat a little faster.