Chpt 9: Who are you?

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note :
At this point I'm honestly just giving you guys my music taste lol. And ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4K💞💗💖💘💘💝💘💖💘💖!!!! Like, I'm just in shock! Y'all are so amazing I just 😤💗✨!! Okay, now enjoy the chapter!
__________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV:
It seemed the search for my new sketchbook got to the gang. Hmm.. wonder who told them?
*cough**cough* 𝙎 𝙉 𝙐 𝙁 𝙆 𝙄 𝙉 *cough*
But overall, I really didn't mind. I had just hoped I'd have a little me time, that's all. But here we are, scampering about in a little shop of knickknacks and junk. Sniff was fascinated by a pearl necklace while Snorkmaiden and little My browsed through books and types of yarn. Snufkin and Moomintroll had insisted on helping me find the " perfect " sketchbook.
" Now are you sure we will find a sketchbook here? It seems there isn't anything modern in sight." I explained. The shelves were smothered in dust for Pete's sake.
" Well it wouldn't hurt to try!" Ah Moomin, so optimistic.
" Hey Snufkin! I think I found one!" Moomin took hold of Snufkin's hand and ran towards an isle. I felt a pinch of jealousy hit my chest. I just exhaled sharply as I ignored the image of their hands holding. I really shouldn't be acting like this. I'd fallen for a stranger, and I don't know how to feel about that... but that's not what I should be thinking about at the Moment.
" Now to find that ske-"
As I made my way around a corner, I bumped into someone, their collected items falling onto the wooden floor.
" I'm terribly sorry! I-I didn't pay attention to where I was going!" I felt my ears turn hot from embarrassment as I began frantically picking up the mess I've made.
" Oh it's nothing to worry about! Just a little mishap!"
It was a males voice. I looked up to see a boy around my age. Dressed in a navy blue long sleeve, khaki trousers... and no shoes.
" Right, right." I laughed nervously. I began to examine his facial features quickly. Freckles galore and butterscotch eyes. And then his hair, which was thick and black. He cleared his throat. I blinked rapidly..was I staring??
" So.. may I ask for your name?"
" Uh..( Y/-"
" ( Y/N )!" I heard Snufkin's voice from behind.
" Moomin and I have found-" He stopped call midsentence to eye the unnamed man up and down.
" Who's this?" He quickly became skeptical.
" Well, my name is Dale Potts." The now named man set out his hand to Snufkin, who seemed to not want to take it.
" Well Mr. Potts, I'm afraid we must be going. C'mon (Y/N)."
" What? But my sketchbo-"
" We'll search later. It's lunch time."
Snufkin snatched my hand and began to exit out the door with Moomin.
" Erm, nice meeting you Dale!"
I waved my free hand nervously. Dale looked confused, but waved anyway. As we exited the store I yanked my hand away.
" What was that?" I bawled my fist at the seemingly defensive Snufkin.
" That man seemed quite suspicious."
" Suspicious as an old woman feeding the pigeons!"
I spat back.
" Well why don't we see what Moomintroll thinks?"
Snufkin started to become impatient. We both swished our heads toward Moomin.
" ........"
The white furred boy booked it back into the store.
" See what you've done?" I placed my hand on my hips.
" That's quite enough! You know, some time alone sounds splendid right about now." The angry faced mumrik walked off.
" Coward." I said under my breath.
Snufkin's POV:
" I just don't get it." I mumbled to myself as I walked down the dirt road, patches of grass here and there.
I felt as if Dale were a threat, but (Y/N) didn't seem to think so. My instinct couldn't have been wrong..right? Was it something I said? I just didn't understand why she was so heated about the situation. I had good intentions. I continued to walk home as I kicked at the pebbles.
" I wish to never have to encounter that Potts fellow again." I sighed.
" And whatever this new instinct feeling is, I'm not fond of it."

End of Chapter 9
Author note:
Do you want to see more of Dale Potts? And would you like a QnA? Put your answers in the comments!
-Krissy