Chpt 12: Light on your feet

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view
( Play music video when you see the 3 • • • )

Author note:
I hope you enjoy this special treat I cooked up for y'all! (:
- Krissy
__________________________________
( Y/N)'s POV:
Moominpapa had come back from the shed with a dust caked record player. I had my doubts whether it would work or not. I mean look at it....but if Moominpapa said it was in good condition, I'm sure it is.

" Goodness

" Goodness. It looks as if it hasn't been used in ages." Snufkin stares in admiration.
" Hm. I suppose it does look that way. Wouldn't you say dear?" Moominpapa fixed his gaze upon Moominmama, who was crocheting what seemed to be like a pair of mittens.
" With a little dusting, it should be in good enough condition to work." She explained, not looking away from her mittens in progress.
" Would you like me to fetch the feather duster papa?"
" Oh no, I wouldn't want to disturb you while you work. I'll fetch it myself. You kids, help yourself to some jams while I look for that feather duster..hm." And with that, he was gone.
" Well, I'm not sure if I can wait that long." Snufkin huffed.
" For a man who enjoys fishing, I'd assume you'd be patient." I giggled, amused by his bad case of pouty lip.
" I've had this in my possession far to long for me not to know what it's capable of." He waved the record side to side with impatience.
" I suppose you have a point...but Moominpapa hasn't come back with the feather duster yet." I sighed.
" A little dust never stopped anyone." I wasn't quite fond with the hint of mischief in his voice. Before I knew what was happening, Snufkin inhaled deeply , and blew with all his might at the dusty record player. I had started to cough and wheeze until the ridiculously large dust cloud had cleared.
" See, no more dust." Snufkin simply said. I shook my head with a laugh.
" Well that's one way to do it."
" But how does it work?" Snufkin scratched his noggin.
" Allow me." I placed the colorful record onto the center spindle.
" Now for someone to wound up the manivelle .."
" I'll gladly do it dear. I haven't used this old thing in decades." Moominmama arose from the sofa and to the record player. She had slowly but surly started to crank the lever until lovely music flooded out from the horn.
• • • ( play video/ music here)
It was lively and saccharine. The chords fit perfectly together like a jigsaw puzzle, and the instruments crescendoed and decrescendo at the right moments. I became lost in the piece until the fellow in a dappled green hand offered me his hand.
" May I have this dance?"
A playful grin lay across his lips. I smiled, taking his rough hand with a nod.
I felt my ears burn as his left hand slid it's way around my waist. I could hear his breath hitch as I settled my free hand on his shoulder. I laughed to myself quietly at his reaction, but he didn't seem to notice.
" Just follow my lead." He has started to move his feet with ease.
" For a man with big clunky boots, you're very light on them." I chuckled.
" I'll take that as a compliment." He responded with a lighthearted chuckle. He twirled me around like a spinning top and held my hand tightly. It was absolutely magical. The music slowed and so did our pace. To my surprise, he brang me close. He himself smelled of nature. Natural and pleasant. I wanted this moment to last an eternity. I shook my head.
' Dear god I am a complete cheeseball'
I thought to myself. I felt his chest rise and fall from a sigh.
" ( Y/N).. I've something to te- "
I flinched as I heard the music crackle loudly, playing a certain part repeatedly.
" Oh dear..." Moominmama examined to what seemed to now be a broken record player. It took me a moment to realize I still was laying my head on Snufkin's chest. I let go of his embrace, both of us letting out a soft chuckle. Moominpapa came into the living area with a sigh.
" I couldn't find the feather duster."

End of Chapter 12