Chpt 10: Dale is it?

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note:
The Fanart above is created by: @_boyzwillbebugz_
Their drawing of Dale is so cute like 😤💕💞💖💘
All of y'all are free to draw anything as well if you like! Anyways, enjoy the chapter!!
-Krissy
__________________________________
(Y/N)'s POV:
" What's his problem?" I mumbled to myself, sitting on the stores outside bench. The sun was ever so warm, and the light gust of wind made being outside enjoyable enough. The door to the knickknack shop opened, the chimes singing a little melody as the door closed. I assumed it would be the rest of my friends, but to my surprise, it was that fellow I bumped into earlier.
" Are you alright?" He asked.
" Well what makes you ask that?" I arched a brow.
" I heard some sort of commotion out here, and thought I might take a little Looksee." He answered.
" You heard- Oh how embarrassing!" I covered my face with my palms. I felt my ears and cheeks begin to grow hot.
" Dare I ask...was it you and that.. man in the green overcoat?" He asked, hesitant.
I let out a sharp sigh. I scooter over , and patted my hand on the bench, signaling for the black haired boy to sit down. He did so.
" Dale is it?" I asked.
" That's right." He nodded.
" Do you know of anyone that goes by the name ' Snufkin' ?" I questioned.
Dales eyebrows raised when hearing of the name.
" Snufkin? Why of course! He's caused some crimes around here!" His information caught me off guard. Snufkin, a criminal? I'd never have guessed.
" He'd once pulled out about 100 or more signs from the ground, and through then into the lake! He'd even gone as far to attack security with hattifatteners !" He grimaced.
" ..Oh." My eyes widened in disbelief as I stared at my feet.
" Wait..was that-?"
" If you're going to ask if the man I was talking to was Snufkin, then you're correct. That was him."
Dale blinked in disbelief.
" Wow. THE Snufkin in MY store." He sat back.
" You own this little shop?" I asked .
" Well, I will soon enough. It's still technically my fathers." He laughed nervously.
" But I do stock the shelves with new items we receive." He said.
I then noticed the name tag pinned to his shirt. I didn't notice that until now. How observant of me.
" ..I got the feeling he didn't like me very much." He laughed nervously.
" What! Noooo.." I lied.
" If you say so." He shrugged.
We then just sat there in what seemed like a minute of silence.
" Well, it was nice meeting you Dale." I broke the awkward atmosphere.
" Likewise." The freckle covered boy got to his feet.
" I'll see you around." He waved goodbye as he went back into the store. I waved back, beginning to walk back to my tent. It seems the others are enjoying themselves. Wouldn't want to ruin their fun.
Dale's POV:
"What a nice girl." I said to myself. I made my way to the back. Father will be pleased with the information I have collected. The backroom was dimly lit with candles which smelled of fresh cinnamon rolls. The only audible noise was fathers fragile fingers clicking away at his type writer.
" Good afternoon father." I greeted him. He simply lifted his head over his type writer.
" Son." He mumbled.
"I have some splendid news." I cheered.
" Skipping a stone across the lake isn't splendid son." He snapped. I flinched at his temper.
" No really! It's about-"
" Make yourself useful and stock up the shelves why don't you. Leave your old man in peace." He sighed.
" But it's about that Snufkin fellow." I said sternly.
The clickety-clack of his  fingers stopped almost immediately.
" I have found a person naive enough to trust me. Her name is (Y/N)." I exclaimed proudly.
"..Excellent." He had gotten to his feet. His lips curled into a smile.
" We then shall begin phase one. That wretched criminal is going to be put in his place once and for all."
" We've got him this time."

End of chapter 10