Jails and threats

Everything went by so fast.

I mean, like in a second there I was punching this guy right in the face, and the next thing I know I was getting handcuffs. I don't know the feeling I was getting by each second passing when I was inside the police car and being brought inside this white blank cell. But I'm pretty certain about one thing. I was extremely and profoundly terrified.

I was getting anxious, and nervous. I can't stop myself to bite my lip, and I wouldn't be surprised either if later on I will see my lip bleeding. My feet won't stop bouncing off the floor. I was sitting in the middle of the small bed in the middle of the cellar, and I look like a kid. Even worse, I'm still wearing the Bella uniform. I took off my bun though because I was getting cold.

Great, I thought to myself. I'm a CIA agent and here I am, being held in the Metro Police Department in Carolina.

I glanced down on my watch, and saw that it's already past 12. Moments later, a police guy came in front of my cell and he started to unlock it. I stood up.

"You're free to go." Was the only thing he said with those grumpy old guy looks he gave me. I idly walked out of the cell and mumbled a 'thanks' to him. He led me to the lobby and gave me a few papers to sign, then they gave me my things back, and alas I was free to go.

As I walked out of the building I saw Jesse smiling gently at me.

"Hey Hilary Swank from 'Million Dollar Baby'" he greets with his hands in fist. I returned his fists with open palms and joked, "Hey, you know you just have to say 'Hey Million Dollar Baby'. You don't have to reference the specific actress."

"Damn, prison changed you." I laughed.

"Thanks for bailing me out."

"Well, I didn't."

And it stopped me on my tracks. I saw this familiar BMW car, parked in the parking lot and that's when I knew I was super screwed.

"You called my dad?" I turned around to look at Jesse.

"I know, I know, but they were putting handcuffs on you Bec. It looked pretty serious." Jesse reasoned out.

"That doesn't mean you call my dad."

"Who else was I gonna call? Okay, why are you yelling at me? I'm the only one here."

"I didn't ask you to be." I was upset. Okay, more than upset...although I knew what Jesse's intentions were.

"I was just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help, you're not my boyfriend." I snapped back and walked towards my father.

"Dad, it's not a big deal." I started.

"Yeah it's a big deal." He stated in his very serious tone with his very serious face. "I get a call in the middle of the night saying my daughter's been arrested for destruction of property. How can you even hide your identity if you're getting into big trouble like this, Beca?"

"It was a misunderstanding and I was protecting my friends. And I can perfectly hide my identity dad. I can handle these kinds of things." I answered.

"Well if you think I'm still letting you handle the mission after a stunt like this, I'm not. Get in the car."

My face froze. "You're not even gonna hear what I have to say about this?"

"No, not tonight. Just get in." he opens the driver's seat and got in. I walked dejectedly towards the passenger seat and glared at Jesse who was looking like his puppy got kicked out.

"Becs, I'm so – " he tried to say but I already slammed the door as I sat inside, not even wanting to hear anything from him. He quietly got inside the car and sits at the back and so we started to drive back to Barden.