Family Day - 5

A/N: This is a complete cliche fic, but I had to try my hand at it.

This is also a standalone fic, so the Field Trip 1&2, and Interrupted aren't affected by this.

- -

"Thursday is Family day! Remember to ask your parents tonight! Then have them email me!" Mrs. Hanson cheerily told her class.

Cassie turned to Peter, who was behind her. "Are you asking your parents?"

Peter shook his head. His dad had a meeting in Ontario. His mom had SHIELD orientation all day, which she was leading. Nobody was really available that day, except maybe Loki, Steve, and Thor, who didn't seem to have jobs other than fighting.

"You can share dad with me then." Cassie told him. Peter smiled and thanked her without getting caught by the teacher.

He loved sitting behind Cassie. He got to watch her doodle when he teacher was talking, and play with her hair when she was bored. He wouldn't ever admit it, but he thought she was the prettiest, just behind his mom.

- -

"How was school today?" Bruce asked when he picked up the boy from school. Peter looked at him for a second then replied a simple "good."

Bruce could tell Peter wasn't telling him something, so he waited and looked at Peter through the rear view mirror.

"Pete."

"Fine! Thursday's Family day! Nobody's gonna be able to come!" Peter looked at him pleadingly, "Please don't tell anyone."

Bruce nodded. He wouldn't be the one to tell them, but a discreet message from Jarvis should do it.

- -

Thursday came and Peter dreaded waking up.

"Pete! Time to wake up!" Steve came in, gently turning on the light to low, quite aware of his heightened senses.

"I don't want to." Peter threw covers over his head and closed his eyes tight.

"Peter."

He shook his head under the covers, and nobody bothered him until Tony came in a minute later.

"Peter, you're going to school whether you like it or not." Tony said in his dad voice. 

Peter threw the covers over his head. "Fine."

He got dressed after shooing his dad out of his room, and went out to eat breakfast, not talking to anyone. Steve raised an eyebrow. Natasha watched him confused.

Peter was a pretty chill kid. He don't usually get upset, even grumpy. He don't stay up last night, and she didn't remember anything happening. Maybe he couldn't sleep last night.

Tony was gone. He was headed down to the lab. Jarvis would know what's up with Peter.

- -

Peter was dropped off by Bruce, and when he got back Tony rushed up to the penthouse.

"Guys! Did Pete tell you about Family Day at his school?"

"No." Came from everyone but Bruce.

"Actually I was going to say something, but you already did." Bruce told them.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Sam asked.

"Because you always act weird when you hide something. You're bad liars. So I wasn't going to tell you until the last moment."

"Who told you?"

"Peter. He asked me not to tell you."

"But you just did." Clint told him.