A Butlers Heart-Beat

A butlers heart beat

I frowned to myself and hugged my knees to my chest. It was a little chilly outside the manor but I have always enjoyed the cold weather. Ciel had gone off with Lady Elizabeth, and my duties were finished. Surely my young master wouldn't mind if I sat outside for a bit. All the different smells from the flowers were perfect together. I was quite proud of the other servants for keeping it up.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. My young master kept drifting in and out of my thoughts. I tried to distract myself by thinking about tomorrows schedule or what I'll serve for dinner tonight. But it all lead back to him. I let go of my legs and stretched them out in front of me. That one blue eye, the one that makes my heart flutter; Is the same one that belongs to my young master. I try to be a proper butler. I try to not look my master in the eyes to long, I try anyways; His eyes are so easy to get lost in though. And his voice was so majestic. My master was truly perfect. Though I would never admit It to him, I have fallen quite hard for My Lord. It's been like that since the beginning. Since the contract was made. I knew he was the one I was meant to love. But he'll never love me. For I'm a demon, and his butler.

I sighed and sat up straight so that I seemed proper. He's been acting a bit strange lately, getting frustrated more often. It makes me wonder what he's thinking. I'm a bit worried about him. It would be a miracle if my master shared the same feelings, but I know he does not. Sometimes I even feel as if he hates me. That does not matter though, for he is mine weather he does or does not love me. I will always care for him and that won't change. I stood from my sitting position and checked my watch. My Lord isn't due home for another ten minutes.

"I wonder what my lord would like to eat tonight..." I thought to myself as I walked to the entrance of the manor. I started my way to the kitchen.

Ciels POV-

Lizzie squealed. "OH CIELLL!" She expressed. I winced.

"Elizabeth please," I started. She practically threw herself at me. Her arms rapped tightly around me as she pushed herself against me. All I did was agree that her dress looked nice...

I felt the carriage slow and she let go of me. She sat closer than I would usually like but I did not reject it. I gave a sigh and draped my arm around her shoulders. I needed to get my mind off Sebastian anyways.

She looked at me as we stopped and the door opened. "Ciel is something wrong?"

I just shook my head and stood up. Sebastian stood straight with one hand behind his back and the other gloved hand held out for me. I let go of Lizzie and put my hand in his. I felt my heart skip a beat as I got out. I felt something there when we touched but I tried my best to ignore it. I do admit I felt a bit sad when he pulled away to help Elizabeth out. I fixed my jacket and she skipped over to me and put her hand in mine. But I pulled away, she looked shocked. I slid my arm around her waist instead and she smiled and laid against me with her hand on my chest.

"I don't want to go home Ciel" she muttered.

She slid her arm around me.

I turned to look at Sebastian. He was still standing stiffly at the carriage waiting for Lizzie. One of his hands where balled into a fist and his raven hair fell perfectly near his deep crimson eyes which were narrowed. I followed his gaze and it seemed as if he was glaring at my arm around Lizzie. But his face held an unreadable expression. I found myself staring at his lips.

"Ciel?" I pulled myself together and looked down at her. "Can I.... Maybe..have a goodbye kiss?"

I was a little taken aback. A kiss? But she's like a sister to me, and I wouldn't kiss my sister.