Chapter 23: The Great Outdoors

"Hey Lu," Lexi greeted, leaning over the couch so that her face was right next to her sister's, "what do you think of going to hang out with Ellie for most of the day?"

"Yes," Luci answered without turning to her. Once she processed the question, she quickly turned to Lexi, excited. "Can I finish my cartoon first?"

"Of course," Lexi answered before joining Nate and Max on the other couch. She scrolled through the photos on her phone, comparing them with Nate before marking their favorites to show his parents.

"Let's go!" Luci announced once her show finished.

"Go grab a swimsuit," Lexi told her, getting up from the couch to grab a few things she needed.

"What about your swimsuit?" Nate asked once Luci was out of the room.

"Already on," Lexi answered with a wink in his direction. "So maybe we could have a pool party at your house over this break."

"That sounds like a great idea," Nate responded.

They drove in Lexi's car to Nate's house. Lexi felt scrutinized by his mother when they got into the house, but she stopped looking them over after a few minutes. Lexi pulled out her phone and showed them all of the photos she had favorited. They helped a bit in the kitchen once they saw that his parents were starting on lunch.

"You two kids should join your sisters in the pool," Mr. Hill suggested with a smile.

Lexi got up and playfully shoved Nate once they were outside. She let him kiss her cheek before changing and hopping into the pool with their siblings. Luci was better at swimming than Ellie because Lexi had made sure to teach her in case she had the same adventurous spirit. Lexi taught both of them some moves and raced each of the girls before racing Nate. When the girls tired out, they left to go play upstairs leaving Nate and Lexi alone in the pool.

"Come here," Nate requested. Lexi cautiously swam to him and onto the small seat at the edge of the pool. Nate lifted her chin up and kissed her sweetly on the lips. For a moment, Lexi forgot his family was inside, quickly pulling away when she thought about it. "It's fine, no matter where you are in the house, you can't see what's happening in this spot. The tables block us from the downstairs view and the umbrellas block us from the upstairs view."

"Do you know that from your 12-year-old girlfriend?" Lexi questioned with a raised brow. Instead of laughing though, Nate turned a bright red. Lexi started laughing, feeling a little bad about it. "I was joking; it doesn't bother me."

"We don't have to kiss here anymore," Nate stated, getting up. Lexi grabbed his hand and pulled him back down before taking a spot on his lap.

"Maybe I can help you forget about it," Lexi offered, kissing him passionately, his hands going to her hips and sliding up her back. They made out for a while in the pool, Nate stopping them when he realized how intimate they were getting with minimal clothing. "I'm going to air dry and tan a little."

"Hey... I really like you," Nate said once Lexi got her towel. She turned to him with flushed cheeks as he grabbed her waist with a dorky smile on his face.

"I really like you too," she replied with a large smile, pecking him on the lips then grabbing her towel. She laid out her towel on the grass next to Max and Betty, Nate laying his right next to hers. She rested her head against Nate's shoulder, intertwining her fingers with his and earning a kiss on her head.

"Lunch is ready, lovebirds," Mr. Hill declared. Lexi sat up and rubbed at her eyes, looking over at Nate and laughing before checking her back.

"Nate, we look like lobsters," Lexi said, shaking Nate awake.