Cleanse

"So now what?" Both girls looked at Armin, but no one said anything.

"It's not like there's anything we can do" Mikasa said sitting on the floor against the wall. Annie came over and sat next to her on her left, she rested her head on her girlfriends shoulder, despite their size difference.

Annie gave Armin a worried look, he sighed and sat on Mikasa's right side, resting his hand on top of her knee. ".....Wanna play a game to take your mind off everything?"

Mikasa raised and eyebrow at the boy. "What are you talking about? I don't have any games."

Armin got up to grab his backpack and pulled out his 3DS. "I've got Mario Kart 7 and Super Smash Bros."

Mikasa smilled, Armin really was a great friend. "I'll take Mario Kart"

They took turns playing the game, passing it off when a new race started. After a while they switched it over to Smash Bros, a good game to get all the frustration out, Mikasa wasn't the best at it compared to Armin who's put in god knows how many hours playing. Annie didn't always play when it was her turn, instead she would either cuddle Mikasa's back or rest her head on the girls shoulder and give her a kiss on the cheek whenever Mikasa would knock her opponent off the screen.

Annie has been super affectionate lately, Mikasa wasn't complaining but it did seem like a bit much even for her, like she feels bad about something....

"YES! First again!" Armin cheered for himself, he didn't die once and the cpu's were set to level nine. "That's how it's done" the blonde boy handed the DS over to Mikasa for her turn.

"Wow you really are an expert" She turned around to face her girlfriend. "Babe do you want a turn?"

Annie looked up and placed her hands on Mikasa's cheeks "No but I do want a kiss"

Mikasa happily complied and gave her girlfriend one small kiss which turned into two, then three, then four, and then they lost count.

"You two almost make me jealous" Armin commented with a small smile.

"Armin are you interested in anyone?" Mikasa asked while putting her hand on Annie's face who was attempting to give her another kiss.

"Not really, it's not that I don't find people attractive, it's just that I'm pretty content with being single right now. Besides I don't think anyone would want to date me anyway." The blonde boy scratched the back of his neck.

"That's not true" Annie's words came out muffled from Mikasa's palm. The dark haired girl removed her hand "I would totally date you if I wasn't with this beauty"

"W-what?!" Armin's voice cracked "Come on now don't play around like that" a blush starting to form on his cheeks.

Annie and Mikasa just laughed at the flustered boy. Just then Armin's phone made a sound indicating he had a text, he picked it up from the floor to check it.

"It's Historia, she's wondering where we are today."

Historia is another one of Mikasa's close friends, she had been out sick for the past two weeks.

"Guess she's finally feeling better" Mikasa looked over the boys shoulder to read the text.

"Yea I just talked to her the other day, I forgot she told me that she was coming back this week" Armin typed his reply and sent it. After a few minutes he got another text. "She says that there's a lot of talk going on about you two today, I'm not surprised"

Mikasa's body stiffened a little, Annie must have noticed because she gave her right hand a firm squeeze. Mikasa squeezed it back and relaxed a little.